I just gained 200 hp

i wasn't starting a domestic vs import argument, i prefer chevy and ford over honda, depending on the situation. but the electricals on them tend to go nuts. my gf's parents had 2 jeep grand cherokee's and each one had to have the comp replaced cuz the wiper, lights, horn, weindsheild squirters, and locks would go on and off for no reason all at once, then the car would just die and not do anything.

then they had a sebring that also had electrical problems, and they had a RAM with a cummins and it had loads of problems too.

OK cool that's exactly the kind of info I wanted. Problems to look for so I can fix them if needed.

I joined a Dodge Fourm, but they're not very active.

Dodge is stepping the game up with their vehicles. Chrysler doesn't seem to have as much influence in vehicle design as they used to. Though, I forget where I read it; Buick tied with Jaguar for vehicle reliability and comfort in recent polls..meaning, GM overall..seeing as 90% of their cars are all but identical.

I'm sorry, but honestly, WHAT THE F**K were they thinking when they designed those rear lights. They're just ridiculous.

The front end has a nice aggressive face to it, but then when you step around to the side, it's like, "Oh Sh*t, welcome to Mundane-ville." That bulky roof kills it, along with the retardedly-placed generic door handles, and then the horribly small wheels for the massive body size. And could the dash be any more cheap and shiny looking?

Dam, seriously, Americans should just give up on designing cars, they fail on every level, constantly. They just need to hire European designers, badly. Very very badly.

Hope u don't take this post personally Ryan, but I have to rant about the design of the car, it's fairly hideous. But hey I know u got it cheap n its probably a good runner, but still, put a bag over your head whilst driving to save embarrassment.

I'm not taking it personally. I agree about the taillights. Funny thing is, my friend who sold it to me likes the back end and hates the front end lol. It does have a rather large size, but only weighs around 3000lbs. I thought it would be more for the way it looks. The wheels are 17" I believe. That just goes to show how much it needs to be lowered, but I'm not gonna waste money on springs, just the struts.

I personally like black, plastic, shiny dashes. My Civic has one too, so it's not like its an American thing. Stratus = Sebring = Eclipse = Talon. This was a very generic design that was used for a bunch of different cars. I like to think of it as the Dodge equivalent to a V6 Accord coupe.

Plus, I'm not going to be driving it. I'm not going to register and insure it, so obviously I can't drive it. Just fixing it, cleaning it, then putting an ad on craigslist or something.

Here's some pics. It's a very dark purple IMO, but the papers all say "blue", so idk wtf it is.

dood youre color blind, its dark blue >_<

but besides the help youre gettin from anyone else in this thread, do like we've talked about.. detail the sh!t out of it and sell it, ill talk to my mom, after i wake up tomorrow. about those cleaning products you need :thumbsup:

im out of it right now i just got back from a 2 day long recon mission >_<

I might be color blind lol, I dunno. I guess I'd call it a 50/50 blue/purple.

I saw you were out for a while. I still gotta wait a few weeks before I can even start on this thing, so no rush.

i too hate dodges, always had bad luck with the trannies.. well everyone i know that had one did.. i only ever owned one, it caught fire a few months after i sold it before moving to germany. however you got a good deal and you will be able to sell for far more so good for you.

my ex mother in law had one of these and it never had any problems, if there was any maintinance to be done i did it. it was a pretty good car (and this is coming from the domestic hater, lol) i think with dodge it was a luck of the draw kind of thing i guess..

Seb's getting on a car that..well..has a lot of the same things his does.. American cars generally have wheel gap..look at any domestic RWD V8 vehicle, with two doors, or hell; even four.

That's tragic. At least the mirrors don't look like dildo's coming off the door..

Of course for what you'll spend on the bottom of the line european car..you had damn well better get SOMETHING out of it.

• 1 year later...

Archived