UPDATE!

C92hatchX

i bought i new hood and front and rear bumpers and rockers, hood was yellow...painting the whole car today flat black, i got the hood, front bumper and projectors in last night...i forgot the clips for the rear bumper at home so thats going on today

Picture046.jpg

Picture047.jpg

Picture048.jpg

Picture050.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is probably going to look better when you paint the whole car black instead of mis-matched colors .....but..... just what we need, another rattle can flat black crx.

Within my sphere of daily driving I probably encounter 4 crx's every day and at least half are flat black can jobs. :sad:

well what other can job should i do?...i was thinking the same thing cause they are everywhere...but idk what color i should do, im going to get it ITR yellow when the body is done

i am assuming that much like everyone else you are tight on money, and i can respect that, believe me, so understanding that i say go ahead and rattle can it flat black and f*ck anyone elses opinion. honestly guys he just wants it to look somewhat decent while he makes it into something better.. don't we all want that.. well those of us with beat up cars and no money do what you gotta do until you can do better.

i am assuming that much like everyone else you are tight on money, and i can respect that, believe me, so understanding that i say go ahead and rattle can it flat black and f*ck anyone elses opinion. honestly guys he just wants it to look somewhat decent while he makes it into something better.. don't we all want that.. well those of us with beat up cars and no money do what you gotta do until you can do better.

thanks for understanding lol

TBH this will be a 60 dollar paint job with about 3-4 coats

I understand that...believe me. But I also believe in the "Do it once, do it right" philosophy. Part of the reason my Talon is still down, and my Celica needs bodywork.

I understand that...believe me. But I also believe in the "Do it once, do it right" philosophy. Part of the reason my Talon is still down, and my Celica needs bodywork.

and i agree with that.. to an extent. but hes also still learning and i am sure he would rather spend money on mechanics than aesthetics at the moment, so make the car somewhat presentable and dont cheap out in the engine, suspension.. you get the idea. seriously 60 bucks isnt that much to worry about, he can save for a better paint job while making the car one color. i dont see the problem with that.

^^ Did you read my post bell? You admonished me for saying exactly the same thing you did but I used different words.

First thing I said is that the flat black will look better then the multicolored panels. Then I lamented that spray painted flat black CRX's are more common then stock painted CRX's of all colors combined. Seriously, half of them on the street in central ohio are rattle can flat black.

it was red befor th PO fracked it up....i might do that rob

It doesn't even have to be the original color, just a color that originally came on that vehicle. ITR yellow, was not available on CRXs.

^^ Did you read my post bell? You admonished me for saying exactly the same thing you did but I used different words.

First thing I said is that the flat black will look better then the multicolored panels. Then I lamented that spray painted flat black CRX's are more common then stock painted CRX's of all colors combined. Seriously, half of them on the street in central ohio are rattle can flat black.

i did, it was the "but just what we need" comment i was referring to.. there isnt much choice really, camo looks stupid the only other color i can see is like an olive and well... yuk. black is the best choice for this which is why you see it everywhere, but you shouldnt fault him for at least trying make it work.

^^haha wtf....i went with flat black, cause there wasnt to much to choose from at wal-mart, and 30 bucks for 10 cans isnt bad

some white rustolium would look good too. enough prep work it it looks factory, not perfect but since white doesn't show much you wouldn't have to worry about it as much.

Archived