lowering my 96 civic

darkenddream

i want to lower my 96 honda civic i checked ebay and found some springs for 60 bucks called JDM but i herd there really bad. if anyone knows any good sites were i can get lowering springs for a good price plz feel free to tell me i only know ebay and procivic.com but there pretty expensive there

I've got eibach's in mine....but....they tend to be a bit on the steep side....performance on them is great though......i've seen them considerably cheaper online.....

There are only a handful of springs that will work on stock shocks without blowing them. Among those are Tein S-tech's, H&R Sports, Eibach Sportlines. Getting something like Skunk2's will blow your stock shocks pretty quick.

There are only a handful of springs that will work on stock shocks without blowing them. Among those are Tein S-tech's, H&R Sports, Eibach Sportlines. Getting something like Skunk2's will blow your stock shocks pretty quick.

hey man do you think this is a good deal

http://www.k2motor.com/clcv92bksd.html

and would these blow out my stock shocks i plan to lower it with stock shocks

hey man do you think this is a good deal

http://www.k2motor.com/clcv92bksd.html

and would these blow out my stock shocks i plan to lower it with stock shocks

Never heard of them. I personally think it is crazy to go cheap on suspension. For one, that is going to be the ride characteristics of your entire car that you are messing with. Is this really a smart place to cheap out? This isn't like getting a ebay intake or muffler, this is a pretty vital part of the performance and safety of a car.

Personally, the ONLY springs I would ever use on stock shocks would be Tein S-tech's. They are the only ones (besides H-tech's) that are actually designed to run with stock shocks. You'll get stock like ride quality, with slightly improved handling, nice drop and shocks that don't blow.

Tanabe sells springs for certain vehicles with little drop, and slightly more than stock spring rates. I'm grabbing a set for the Celica because I want to keep decent ride quality for the daily, without too much drop.

http://www.advancespeedshop.com/tanabe-nf2...017-p-9781.html

Never heard of them. I personally think it is crazy to go cheap on suspension. For one, that is going to be the ride characteristics of your entire car that you are messing with. Is this really a smart place to cheap out? This isn't like getting a ebay intake or muffler, this is a pretty vital part of the performance and safety of a car.

Personally, the ONLY springs I would ever use on stock shocks would be Tein S-tech's. They are the only ones (besides H-tech's) that are actually designed to run with stock shocks. You'll get stock like ride quality, with slightly improved handling, nice drop and shocks that don't blow.

yea man ur right im gna save a little more and buy some tiens for my honda i dont wanna break my shocks or get killed thnks for the advice

and also depending on how low you lower it....if its going to be more than an inch....you'll need a camber kit to compensate.....it will be out of range of adjustment for the stock camber......you'll be burning through tires......

+1, but make sure your shocks are in good shape first and that non are already blown

+1, but make sure your shocks are in good shape first and that non are already blown

yea im going to buy some of those tien s tech i changed my shocks already so thats why i dont want to buy new ones i herd ppl tell me if i lower my car i have to get a new allignment and that i wnt be able to do it becase something is going to break idk if this is true do you knoW?

yea im going to buy some of those tien s tech i changed my shocks already so thats why i dont want to buy new ones i herd ppl tell me if i lower my car i have to get a new allignment and that i wnt be able to do it becase something is going to break idk if this is true do you knoW?

Just make sure to buy your s-tech's from a reputable dealer. Stay away from ebay for this one. 90% of the S-tech's on ebay are fakes (badged as s-techs) and are not real tein's.

Just make sure to buy your s-tech's from a reputable dealer. Stay away from ebay for this one. 90% of the S-tech's on ebay are fakes (badged as s-techs) and are not real tein's.

hey dude what do you think of these springs

http://www.advancespeedshop.com/tein-stech...ub00-p-455.html

u think thats a place that wont rip me off?

i baught the tien s tech dood they should be coming in around a week or so thanks for youre advice

Archived