1991 Accord Ex - 'S' Light Blinking - Speedometer Not Working.

WebDawg

I am about to purchase a 1991 Honda Accord Ex.

The S light blinks, seems all the time, and the speedometer is not working.

The owner said he already replaced the transmission control module that is around the passenger side dash.

It didnt fix it.

Whats the deal and are these errors related.

Also what is 'sport' mode?

I am about to purchase a 1991 Honda Accord Ex.

The S light blinks, seems all the time, and the speedometer is not working.

The owner said he already replaced the transmission control module that is around the passenger side dash.

It didnt fix it.

Whats the deal and are these errors related.

Also what is 'sport' mode?

I take it is a autotragic? >_<

I am pretty sure that it is a auto cause my friend has a 91 accord with a speedo problems as well and the blinking s is the sport shift mode light or like over drive. there is a button the shifter its self that turns that off and on.

<br />I am pretty sure that it is a auto cause my friend has a 91 accord with a speedo problems as well and the blinking s is the sport shift mode light or like over drive. there is a button the shifter its self that turns that off and on.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Yup.

its an auto.

I googled and now think that it is the speed sensor which I will replace when i get the car.

• 4 months later...

it is definitely the speed sensor. I had the exact same problem on my car and replaced the speed sensor. it is on the right side of the engine, down on top of the block. it is kind of hard to get to unless you have small hands. i bought one on ebay for around $30. i replaced mine about 6 months ago and still no problems.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the post I have the same issue after changing the radiator in a 91 accord. S light blinks speedometer quits then works then quits etc lol. Drivin the ol lady nutty. Time to find the speed sensor. At least there only $18 on ebay now :)

• 11 years later...

Archived