B18c Type R motor swap into a 1990 CRX Si

akastewart

What all do i have to do to put this engine and tranny into my car? I have searched all 30 some pages and no info for my specific car. please help so i don't buy something that will never work right. and what the heck is ITR when talking B18c Type R motor? any cheap and trustworthy places u suggest getting one of these jewels? any help would be appreciated at this point.

what are your plans for the motor? if you plan on boosting it just get a B18c from a GSR and save yourself some money fisrt off.

i was thinking of maybe trying to supercharge the engine and that is all. i still want to have a every day driver!

I'd still just go with a GSR, Type R has high compression, not good with FI.

As far as parts just use the search @ top, But just the basics engine, cable trans, ecu, mount kit, linkage, axles, and wiring.

yea i'd go with a B18c GSR motor and maybe not so much SC. SC motors use torque that honda B-sereis motors don't make very much of.

Yeah and not to mention they are expensive. GSR and use the rest that you would spend on SC and buy i/h/e and with whats left some good suspension components.

I'd still just go with a GSR, Type R has high compression, not good with FI.

As far as parts just use the search @ top, But just the basics engine, cable trans, ecu, mount kit, linkage, axles, and wiring.

What if i just went with motor and nothing else. would the B18c type r be the best then?

Well it depends on what you want the type r has higher numbers in stock form and would be strong in the light frame of the chassis. However, most people just go with the GSR for price factor; GSR~3000 and Type R~4500, and with the extra 1500 it would cost you could make the gsr have close to the same power.

If that doesn't bother you go for the type r, swap it in and call it a day, and turn your focus to suspension/brakes to handle and stop that new power.

Well it depends on what you want the type r has higher numbers in stock form and would be strong in the light frame of the chassis. However, most people just go with the GSR for price factor; GSR~3000 and Type R~4500, and with the extra 1500 it would cost you could make the gsr have close to the same power.

If that doesn't bother you go for the type r, swap it in and call it a day, and turn your focus to suspension/brakes to handle and stop that new power.

what is it that i have to do to get the lsd tranny to work in my obd0 car. just the teg tranny mount and adjustable linkage?

what is it that i have to do to get the lsd tranny to work in my obd0 car. just the teg tranny mount and adjustable linkage?

The transmission from a type r is hydraulic, and the transmission in your crx is cable. This means you have two options:

First, and probably best is just buy a cable trans from first gen b16, you can also get an LS trans from 90-93 teggy, also cable driven.

2. You have to convert your cable set up to hydraulic, and there are two ways to do that:

a. Hasport makes a conversion kit that allows you to use you stock cables and an adapter bracket to actuate the hydraulic trans.

b. Buy all the components for a hydraulic set-up and put it all together. Not sure what all is necessary for this route.

As for lsd some 1st gen b16a's came with it, and your car being obd0 has nothing to do with the trans. And Hasport is your friend for this swap, they sell the mounts, linkage, and axles for this among other swaps.

• 3 weeks later...
What all do i have to do to put this engine and tranny into my car? I have searched all 30 some pages and no info for my specific car. please help so i don't buy something that will never work right. and what the heck is ITR when talking B18c Type R motor? any cheap and trustworthy places u suggest getting one of these jewels? any help would be appreciated at this point.

Integra Type R

I just completed my Type R swap into my 88 CRX Si. It is cheaper than it used to be but gets expensive real fast.

ITR engine 2,500.00

Already had tranny

Mounts 300.00

Shift linkage 130.00

A/C compressor bracket 170.00

Rywire swap harness 360.00

axles 300.00

etc...

A jackson racing supercharger is awesome on a GSR engine but sucks on a type R engine because of the compression and cam overlap.

The JRSC makes awesome down low torque which is what Hondas lack centrifugal superchargers suck for hondas for the most part.

Do lots of research cause its real easy to spend too much for too little with Honda's.

Archived