dissabling the seat belt chime in 05 and up accord

Is it possible to disable the seat belt chime without harming anything. I know wearing the seat belt is the law, but so is drinking and driving and they don't have a buzzer that goes off until you blow in a breathalizer machine.

Just wondering if anyone knows away to make the chime stop without having to buckle the seat belt..

yeah theres a little clip underneath the seat with some wires to it. just disconnect that and you should be set, i dont think it connects with anything else.

or you could just wear your seatbelt :)

so is drinking and driving and they don't have a buzzer that goes off until you blow in a breathalizer machine.

You get caught for driving drunk enough times and they do...lol..(well actually, in stead of buzzing, your car just wont start)

Just find the plug under your seat. Unplug it... should solve your problems...

actually he would have to find that plug and bridge the connections otherwise the car will think the belt is permanently unbuckled.

or you could not be an idiot and wear your seatbelt?

i knew i would catch some flak for this post but seriously, i feel that it should be my decision if i'm going to wear my seat belt or not, especially just running down the road.. and yes i know that the majority of accidents happen within 1 mile of home. i'm not here to debate the importance of seat belts though i just simply would like to know if anyone has done this mod and the exact steps, i don't think unhooking the sensor would do it.. i'm leaning towards the bridge, i'm guessing there's two wires and i could just cut them and tie them together making them think the seat belts always fastened...???

can anyone confirm this?

i haven't done so, but i am familiar with the connection and you can do that. i would say not to cut them, just pull the connector loose and clip a spare piece of wire and put the bridge into the connector. if you cut the connector off and want to put it back when you go to sell the car it will be a pain.

• 4 months later...

its 10 miles with in home. and since most of our cars dont have air bags, your doing a suicide run every time ur in it. Ive seen people wraped up around trees n survive due to seat belt.. in tiny lil hatches. its your life, do what you please, be smart .

Despite the fact that this thread was like 4 months old when you posted this it is still his place to wear it or not. Hes not hurting anyone else.

Next time check your dates >_<

Archived