honda crx

HONDACRXMAN

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HEY MAN THE BEST WAY TO GO IS BY GOING WITH A D16 MOTOR AND GETTING RACING BEARING WITH SOME LOW COMPRESSION VITARA PISTONS THAT ARE LOW COMPRESSION AND ALWAYS USE GARRET TURBO BALL BEARING.

ok 1) take the caps lock off. there is no need to yell. 2) what the hell are you talking about. you lost me in that 2 sentence post.

ok 1) take the caps lock off. there is no need to yell. 2) what the hell are you talking about. you lost me in that 2 sentence post.

i under stood the turbo part but the pistons i was lost

you don't have to run low compression pistons for a low boost setting. if you up the boost over 6-8psi then low compression pistons would be a real nice addition also not required but you would have less engine stress.

you don't have to run low compression pistons for a low boost setting. if you up the boost over 6-8psi then low compression pistons would be a real nice addition also not required but you would have less engine stress.

thanks man. wat turbo should i go with? wat do u suggset

something small like a T3 would be good for a dd and some good power gains.

Edit: you can always make a junkyard setup and tune that on crome or hondata. a few guys run that type of setup for DD's and make around the 200 horse mark. A junkyard kit can be done for under a grand plus tunning.

something small like a T3 would be good for a dd and some good power gains.

Edit: you can always make a junkyard setup and tune that on crome or hondata. a few guys run that type of setup for DD's and make around the 200 horse mark. A junkyard kit can be done for under a grand plus tunning.

sweet ill keep that in mind while i shop for some good prices. im also looking for a body kit but not to extreme. i would like a body kit appealing to the eye like to mugen front bumper

i'd suggest more of a lip kit. the mugen bumpers are nice but to find a true mugen bumper and not a "mugen style" bumper is hard to come by now adays

thats why i was saying a lip kit is easier to find. most of the time when people are looking for a mugen front bumper theyget screwed and buy mugen knock off's

for a 91 your best bet would be to do a 94-95 LS motor (B18b) or do a 94-95 GSR motor (B18c1). you could always do a B18b motor then later on make it and LSvtec

it can with mounts, full engine harness, motor/tranny, axles, ecu, and shifting linkage

Edit: like the 92-95 H22 would fit.

an h22 would fit but that is such a huge bulky motor for a tiny little engine bay.

in my opinion, get a gsr motor. then do a few mods on it like an intake, header, and exhaust. you will be pretty happy with the results. if you want even more power, then throw on an intake manifold, throttle body, and a set of cams. and afterwards, if you still want power, then you can turbocharge it.

a gsr swap with a couple bolt ons will have around the same hp numbers as a turbocharged d series (not one of the fully built ones, but a quick slap on a turbo with tune and drive build. plus, with the gsr you will still have the option to go turbo instead of already making the choice.)

an h22 would fit but that is such a huge bulky motor for a tiny little engine bay.

in my opinion, get a gsr motor. then do a few mods on it like an intake, header, and exhaust. you will be pretty happy with the results. if you want even more power, then throw on an intake manifold, throttle body, and a set of cams. and afterwards, if you still want power, then you can turbocharge it.

i like where you are going with the more power ill do it all. im going to lower it too. how low should i go? im thinking of a around a 2 inch drop. it already has 17 inch racing wheels on it

i would drop it just enough to take the gap away

Edit: to add on to what rick was saying. your best bet would be a B18c motor from a gsr then your normal bolt on's of intake header, catback and high-flow cat. if you want more you can do cams or boost it with 6-8psi.

Archived