1988 CRX HF seats

trojwl

Does anyone know the story on why the bolt pattern for my 1988 CRX HF seats is so different from those of other CRX's (SI, DX, etc.)? The sliders on my stock seats are of equal length. The bolt pattern in the floorboard is rectangular. Any replacement seats I have looked at have one slider that is much longer than the other. Are there any adapters available? One vendor suggested I fabricate them. With all the HF's out there, surely there must be a better solution. If you are not knowledgeable on this particular issue, please do not waste both of ours time in responding. Any help would surely be appreciated. My 88 HF has the ZC motor (highly recommended upgrade), Integra suspension and brakes, ice-cold AC, fresh paint, stock Honda alloy wheels, and is in cherry condition (adult-owned). However, the stock seats absolutely suck.

You might as well do what that vendor said. Being as you're having such an issue finding sliders, don't you think they're relatively scarce? You're working on an old car. Fabricating some, or even modifying the ones you have could work.

You obviously failed to comprehend the intent of my post. I was hoping to find someone who might know of a company that has adapters or someone who knows of seats from another car that will fit with a minimum of mods. That's why I asked that only those familiar with this particular issue respond. I really didn't need for you to point out the obvious - but thanks anyway.

You obviously failed to comprehend the intent of my post. I was hoping to find someone who might know of a company that has adapters or someone who knows of seats from another car that will fit with a minimum of mods. That's why I asked that only those familiar with this particular issue respond. I really didn't need for you to point out the obvious - but thanks anyway.

Oh, yay. We actually have a smartass on the site.

Well here's an idea for you bud, why don't you log onto the worlds biggest f*cking search engine and have a go at searching for a set of sliders there, eh dumbass? You apparently obviously failed to try that simple bit of work.

When you replied with the "smart-ass" comment "Being as you're having such an issue finding sliders, don't you think they're relatively scarce", I think you pretty much qualified yourself as the smart-ass. FYI - I did try to find adapters on the net but was unsucessful. But that is not to say that there are some out there somewhere. If you had nothing constructive to post, why did you bother?

There are probably a lot of smart guys out there with some good info on this matter and I would certainly welcome THEIR input.

Now go calm down.

Archived