My CRX project!

95delsolboy

Ok I dont have much money right now, but I went to a car auction and bought a Honda CRX for only $200 dollors. Im going to make the project as cheap as possible. At first I wasn't going to post the project but I dicided too. So right now my friend has the motor and is working on it for me. My part is to work on the body. Heres what im working with. Sorry I dont have more pictures. I will get some soon.

6tmn5l1.jpg

6tu6p3k.jpg

6y536v4.jpg

Sorry I dont have more pictures. I will try to get more soon. Tell me what you think.

Heres my secound CRX.

8e7v714.jpg

89pwp3k.jpg

6y1rsdl.jpg

Heres the shifter nob that came on the white CRX, can anybody tell me what brand it might be?

6xqu2px.jpg

Here's my brother working on one of the hoods that came with the white CRX.

6jla88w.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well my plan for right now is to get it in running condition. Im planning on sanding it down and getting the dints out of it, and bondoing up the holes. Then my friend who is working on the motor says it should only take him a few days. He's off of work intill the Monday after Christmas, so hes going to work on it for me. Im hopeing to have it in running condition in about 2 to 3 months.

Well, I just made $9,500 and got a secound CRX. Im in the process of putiing the pictures of my secound CRX on the computer. Im going to use one of them for parts and rebuild one of them. Might work on both of them, I dont know yet.

Just made 9.500?

Wtf did you do sell some cocaine or something? ROFL.

Ok , Heres how I made 9,500 dollors. Ok I went to the auction because my brother told me there was another CRX for sell, and he said the motor was in good condition. So I met my brother there, and I went and looked at the car. So I was going to try to buy it. So I went to get my check book from my Del sol. Well there was this guy looking at it hard core. Well he asked me if I would sale it. I said no im just here to try and buy that white CRX.

Well it turned out the CRX was his, so he told me he would buy my car for $9,500 dollors and give me the CRX. So I sold my Del sol and got this CRX. I had been wanting to sale the Del Sol for a while now, so I took the chance to sale it.

don't use bondo to fill the dents get a slide hammer and a stud welder. weld the brass stud to the dent and attach the slide hammer once you get the majority of the dent out try to smooth it out with bondo. hell if your good enough you could use a slide hammer and a set of body hammers and not even use the bondo.

what the hell did you make $9500 off of? you whorin out?

I see.

So now you're without the Del Sol aaaand with two CRX's.

Yes, I think I made a pretty good deal. I loved my Del Sol, but I just wanted a car with more room.

Look at my new pictures I added, In the last picture is my brothers Honda Civic, Tell me how you like it.

i'd say k20 that bizzatch.. but then you'd prolly have like 7K+ into just putting that motor in the car....it would be fast though.

Im actually thinking of that, but I want to fix the body up to. Im not going to deck it out like I did my Del sol. Ill have to do some work on my money situation. Im going to make a chart of how much I want to spend on each part of the car.

i need to get a 2nd job to get my build started this military pay just aint enough. lol

I do body machanics for a body shop here in tulsa, I only get $10 dollors an hour, but im still apprentacing. Plus I go to school, so I only make a little over $200 dollors a week.

hell if i could get an extra $250 or so a week that would cover all my bills then the $1200 or so i get every 2 weeks from the gov. would be a nice chunk or change to build my car. however christmas is a pain in my wallet and my wife may be out of work soon because alaska is gay.

hell if i could get an extra $250 or so a week that would cover all my bills then the $1200 or so i get every 2 weeks from the gov. would be a nice chunk or change to build my car. however christmas is a pain in my wallet and my wife may be out of work soon because alaska is gay.

Yea, Im glad I dont have to pay many bills. But I make a good bit of money for being only 17 years old.

What did you do in the army?

10 an hour @ 17 is actually fairly nice. I started doing hvac/r @ 17 and was @ 7.00/hr. I'm now almost out of the teens making commission on changeout sales and whatnot.

Though, I'm NATE certified and certified in oh so many different types of refrigerants. That and I work with low-temp sh*t.

I love working in coolers.

/End threadjack.

Yea, Im glad I dont have to pay many bills. But I make a good bit of money for being only 17 years old.

What did you do in the army?

you should be ashamed of yourself do i sound like a grunt, or a bllet catcher??? j/k kidding i'm air force i do have a couple buddies in the army. Anyhay i'm an f-15 crew chief, well ex-f-15 crew chief starting monday i will be an f-22 crew chief.

you should be ashamed of yourself do i sound like a grunt, or a bllet catcher??? j/k kidding i'm air force i do have a couple buddies in the army. Anyhay i'm an f-15 crew chief, well ex-f-15 crew chief starting monday i will be an f-22 crew chief.

Cool, my cousin is an airplane technician for the air force ( I dont know what their really called but my way souds pretty good). He is stationed in Okanawa Japan ( Or however you spell it.). He is mainly works on the stealth, I think.

ahh he sounds like an avionics guy. next time you talk to him ask him what he thinks of crew chiefs. lol. avionics and crew chiefs usually get along pretty well we have little jokes and stuff back and forth. like we call them pointy heads and spark chasers. they call us knuckle draggers and screw chiefs.

Archived