Dream Suspension Package

Exactly, you usually dont even need a camber kit. Just get an alignment after you drop it, you should be good.

Would you suggest this for both front and rear? Any thoughts one front lower control arms? They seemed to me to be a bit excessive for my needs. Thought I would ask what you guys thought before I dismissed them completely.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason I replaced my rear LCAs was they were seized in there and it would only be marginally cheaper to get brand new ones than to pay to get them torched out and reuse the stockers. That's not really an issue with front LCAs so I'd say stay away from 'em as well.

As for the camber kit I'd stay away from it entirely as long as you keep it within a 1-2" drop.

sounds good to me. for function the car should never see more then a 2" drop anyway. I have to maintain reasonable clearance for my gravel driveway and back-country roads. i did the rears for a similar reason: all the bushings were shot and i had not learned of energy suspension master kits yet. it was actually a couple bucks cheaper to buy a new lca set then to buy the oem bushings. and fix the old.

BTW, via IM discussion robear just coughed up a set of the Type II F2 Autolife coilovers (the ones nancy quoted previously) for $760 to my door. I accepted.

Edited by x3772

It's not my dream setup but it's what I just recently acquired on my Integra --

Skunk2 Front Strut Brace

Skunk2 Rear Strut Bar

KYB AGX Shocks (4 way adjustable/fronts are height adjustable)

Neuspeed drag springs

Haven't got any LCA's or a camber kit yet but I'd safely say it's dropped my car almost 3 inches in the rear and probably the same in the front. I'm almost tucking 16" rims with a 50 series tire in the back.

ANyway. Set on it's hardest setting, I took a perfect 90 degree corner at 40ish and had MINIMAL body roll. I was surprised. And, my 260 pound cousin tried to force the ass end down, he could barely get it to drop a half inch by bouncing up and down in the back of the car.

Edited by busted ls1

when I can. there's two in my build thread in the integra section. The springs/shocks hadn't completely settled. I walked outside this morning and was pleasantly surprised at how it was sitting.

• 8 months later...

Bumping this topic since I am, once again, bored at work and looking for parts for my car. Actually just bought a new timing belt and water pump since the car is 14 years old and I dunno if they've ever been changed due to the mileage.

Gotta say, despite the steering problems with Dan's del sol it was really fun to drive in the twisties thanks to his suspension setup. I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna copy his setup since it's exactly how I want my del sol to feel. This means that I'll be picking up an ITR sway bar w/ASR rear subframe brace and a 2 point front strut bar once I have a spare 500 bucks, which will hopefully be within a month or so.

Edit: It's funny -- in rereading this topic apparently I thought I'd be doing stereo, security system, and tint this summer and have the cash for a drop plus anti-sway kit this fall/winter. Guess I wasn't counting on staying in France that extra month or on driving cross-country when gas prices were at their peak. Oh well. At least now I know I don't want tint nor a security system, so that saves me some money. Still need a stereo and, honestly, wouldn't mind another PWJDM intake, especially if Texas Dan wanted to sell me my old one back...

Edited by TS John

• 2 weeks later...

Not finished installing yet, but this is what I have for a pile of parts I have been working over the last two months when I have time:

F2 coilovers

Skunk2 front and rear camber sets (ended up going with this as the stock camber at stock height on my sedan was bad enough it's eating tires and I had it checked - nothing is wrong :rolleyes: )

Blox rear LCAs

Carbing front and rear underbody frame braces

Energy Suspension master kit.

Total cash that will have been spent is about $1100

Still need to pick up some new rubber, but that probably will wait until next spring/summer.

Anyone have any additional suggestions toward this?

Edited by Xeryon

sounds like a bushing set to me....

as for the camber kit... just so ya know, when you get your car aligned.... civic's and sol's 92-00 have NO front and rear camber adjustments, nor do they have front caster adjustments. the only thing they can adjust is front and rear toe.

be careful, shops tend to rip off people with alignments. i lowered my sol with skunk2 sportshocks and lowering springs and needed a camber kit. it helps. :)

Yeah, that is a bushing kit. They're really nice, too, especially for the money. I don't have them for my suspension since it's all stock but for my shifter and they firmed it up nicely. They're a real pain the press in to place, though. Get the lube out...

Xeryon, I would love to know how the Carbing underbody braces make the car feel, and what they ran you from wherever you found them.

Strut tower bars, for the money, really don't do very much in a Sol, coupe or sedan. On a hatch they have much more function.

As for sway bars, from my readings (been spending a lot of time reading about professional Honda racers and their cars). They can actually inhibit desirable flex of the chassis when cornering. They can make your car understeer something fierce. Apparently the trick is that they loosen the front sway bars so that they will allow some flex and then tighten down the rear sway bar. Apparently this helps immensely with allowing the rear end to push outward more in corning. Giving you a little more oversteer and allowing the front wheel drive car to corner better. The other recommended method was to skip them completely and put the money elsewhere.

Energy Suspension <--- good stuff there. Nice prices and very fast shipping. Done 4 transactions with them in the last year and every one was perfect.

I will let you know on the carbing. I bartered with the guys at Robear for $169 to my door for both.

As for alignments: You don't need a shop to adjust your camber. With the front A-arms and the rear upper control arms and a level, or a plumbline, and an hour of your day is all you need.

Edited by Xeryon

That sounds like a great price on the carbing bars. I thought they were much more expensive than that. I might be ordering them. You use them in tandem with, and not as a replacement for sway bars, right?

A small sway bar in the front (like the stock one on the Si or VTEC model with the ITR rear sway bar and ASR subframe brace feels very nice. I recommend it and will deffo be putting it on mine.

The carbing frame braces attach to the frame itself and not to the suspension at all. So sway bars should bolt right in as normal. The only thing you have to watch for is they do stick down just a hair lower then the rest of the underbelly so you have to be careful of hitting things in the road.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...