wiring.

spike10197

how would u wire an amp to a sony xplod CDX-CA650X model.

ive been staring at it for ever and i have no clue on what to do.

i know im a big newb but thats one thing im not really good at is wiring stuff.

think anyone can help me out here?

i got the amp and subs all for free so i want to put them in my car

how would u wire an amp to a sony xplod CDX-CA650X model.

ive been staring at it for ever and i have no clue on what to do.

i know im a big newb but thats one thing im not really good at is wiring stuff.

think anyone can help me out here?

i got the amp and subs all for free so i want to put them in my car

Need a set of RCA wires to run from stereo to amp. A single strand of wire to run from blue (remote/power antenna) wire on back of stereo to remote terminal on amp. Have to run amp power wire all the way from battery +post to amp, and run amp ground (-) wire to something metal on car (bolt in bottom of hatchback, etc.) Use big enough wire for amp + and -. Also use inline fuse or wire could catch fire if amp ever shorts out. Seen it happen.

uhhh idk i think its 500 or 700 not to sure idk how u can tell

Should say on it, but some don't. I'm running 4 gauge wire with 1000watt amp, it's a lil overkill. Your gonna need at least 8 gauge for 500-700 though. 60 amp fuse will work fine.

I would go with 4 gauge wire for sure. Sony amps are nutorious for using a ton of amperage to make power. If you don't give them enough current they over heat and go into a protect mode. 60 amp fuse would usually be a little over kill, but in the case of Sony.....probably just right. You will have to really watch where you put the amp. Put it in a place where it can get a lot of air to it, like I said before they are nutorious for over heating.

I'm sure you would be fine with 8 gauge wire if you already have it run, just keep an eye on your amp if it starts to cut out at high volume I would change the wiring first. Let me know how you make out.

Whoa! sorry I thought you wetre talking about the 8 gauge or 4 gauge wire thing. You definetly have to have the fuse in there. It protects the amp and the car from catching fire if your battery decides to dump a ton of amperage down the lines. Always, always a fuse from anything that is battery powered.

Archived