non v-tec to v-tec

fdghrfhdrstrferfdvb

I just purchased my 96 accord with a 2.2 non vtec and looking into swapping in a vtec head. But need more info on this. I was told it's been done and pretty easy but need a list of things I need to make this swap smooth. Any help would be great! Should I use a single cam or dual cam head? Thanks again

I would also like to know about swapping a DOHC VTEC head onto my F22a1 2.2L non vtec motor if anyone has any I want to know also. thanks.

• 2 months later...

I was going to answer that question but then you asked about a DOHC VTEC head. Have you ever popped your hood? Look at the damn vavle cover. Does it look wide enough for a DOHC VTEC cover? No. It doesn't. So imagine everything else underneath that little black cap that it doesn't have that a DOHC has. Like maybe another CAM??

:mad:

I would also like to know about swapping a DOHC VTEC head onto my F22a1 2.2L non vtec motor if anyone has any I want to know also. thanks.

it wont work.

hey butthead I meant to put sohc head but a dohc can fit with mods. anyways I need info on swapping a vtec SOHC head.

no, it cant fit.. F block +H head.. nope.

BTW::

I just purchased my 96 accord with a 2.2 non vtec and looking into swapping in a vtec head. But need more info on this. I was told it's been done and pretty easy but need a list of things I need to make this swap smooth. Any help would be great! Should I use a single cam or dual cam head? Thanks again

not to sure what other F22 motor has vtec to tell you the truth.. but, on civic.. you need ECU, solioids(sp? ahh who cares), the cyl head, wiring harness, and vtec sticker.:ninja:

and yes, it is an easy prosess.. but if your not a motor head.. take it to a shop.. they can help..

hey butthead I meant to put sohc head but a dohc can fit with mods. anyways I need info on swapping a vtec SOHC head.

it won't fit with mods. i'd like to talk to the dumbass that told you it would.

and..people...this post was started back on APRIL 22nd...yes, over two months ago. its dead. let the dead rest in pieces.

this post was started back on APRIL 22nd...yes, over two months ago. its dead. let the dead rest in pieces.

not my fault joecollins2 rasied the dead.. :laugh:

opps i forgot shinobi :ninja:

With mods? Yeah like another cam and everything you need for that is a light two hour mod huh? :laugh: Just get a DOHC motor. Obviously you don't realize....

Okay, picture a...... screw it. Get a DOHC

BTW: Sorry butthead that was some sarcasm for that ass.

Okay sorry. I didn't even look at the date of whe it began. I was just cruising through offering advice. I didn't mean to start an interstellar war over SOHC's and DOHC's.

Did you see Honda's new TOHC? TRIPLE OVERHEAD CAM!

Okay sorry. I'll stop.

he swap doesn't give you that much more power. You would be better off just buying the whole F22B1. As for the DOCH VTEC swap, it will probably work. The head is a F20B. If you just want a DOHC non-VTEC, get a F20A head.

he swap doesn't give you that much more power.  You would be better off just buying the whole F22B1.  As for the DOCH VTEC swap, it will probably work.  The head is a F20B.  If you just want a DOHC non-VTEC, get a F20A head.

too bad you cant use F20C :laugh:

so... you can put a F20C S2000 head on F22B2 block (91accord)

or have the F20C block and F22A SOHC?? not to meantion the RWD conversion you have to do..and the timing will be way off since DOHC meets SOHc.. not saying your wrong.. but i never crossed this shiet.. so gimme more proof..:ninja:

Archived