What to drop in me 93 SI HB

Just broke a valve in my stock z6, just had purchased the car too, luckily, i have a check coming from the insurance from a totaled car. Not exactly sure on my spending limit but you can be sure for now its under 2500.

Suggestions on which swap to do, im new to the swapping of engines, know for sure i want DOHC VTEC, i plan on turbo in the future (year or so). Will be doing all labor myself, and with help from a few others.

i was thining B16, and, is LSD worth the extra 300? Also, if i swapped to H22 how much custom work would need to be done, or what for that matter? Advice? suggestions? thanks. (will also be postin pics of this swap day by day once i get started)

Fix the Z6 head + SMSP header/exhaust + Edelbrock Performer X IM + clutch/flywheel + 4.9 FD = roasting any swap you put in it.

ive always been told that the z6, being it a d series, isnt worth modding at all unless i want to turbo it. Compared to having DOHC b16 turboed or b18 in the future. I will continue to mod no matter what i do, im going to either mod out the swap, over time, or, im going to repair the z6 and maybe have enough for a few mods for now, and more mods for later.

the only DOHC VTEC swap your getting for under 2500 bucks is a B16. go with a B16 dude , youl be happy.

Fix the Z6 head + SMSP header/exhaust + Edelbrock Performer X IM + clutch/flywheel + 4.9 FD = roasting any swap you put in it.

sure , lets spend 3500 on this engine/car and still barely beat a b16 which is half the price , sounds genius to me. just get a b16 swap dude , start there. than youl have a head and tranny for future play.

so B16, any suggestions on where to get this motor? i looked on sohfast.com and their prices arent all that great. ive found some, dont remember where, for around 2200 with LSD not including shipping, mighta been less. Also found a h22 swap for around 500 dollars more. and basically, swapping from a z6 id be happy with any DOHC motor. Thanks for all the help so far, very helpful. Keep it coming :D

Also, considering its almost for sure i do the b16 swap, any suggestiongs on exhaust/intake. Apexi n1? AEM intake? suggestions welcome.

Barely beat a B16? lol

I ran the exact same times as I/H/E Si's when all I had was my header and a decent trans.

96 hatch D16Y7 (20hp less than a Z6)

2,340 pounds

stock engine

SMSP header/exhaust

stock intake

EX trans (same as Z6)

4.71 final drive

6-puck clutch, 7lb flywheel

omni cmc

2.7 60' and still ran the same times as Si's cutting 2.3 60'

You would have more power, a better powerband (my header is too big for my engine setup since its a big tube, the SMSP shelf header is perfect for any 1.6L D16), get through the gearing quicker (4.9 fd versus my 4.7). If you want a B series just so you can say you're DOHC, don't be mad when you get beat by a D15 or D16.

I suck at drag myself. bolt on Si's here run mid-high 15's.

My best time was 16.03 with a 2.7 60'. My avg 60' is 2.3

One of my real good friends has an Si so I'll make a vid whenever I run him.

get a B16A swap dude , please. you can get OBD1 B16 swaps for a good price , 2200 is a good price for low mileage OBD1 B16A.

okay so. here it is

30007 - B18B 94-01 (LS) Complete Change Over

145Hp 127Trq 9.4 Compression (JDM)

142Hp 127Trq 9.2 Compression (USDM)

$ 2200.00 Plus shipping and handling.

And ill need to know how it fits in a 93 civic SI, what will need changed. as well as

30003 - B16A 92-93 Integra (XSi) Complete Change Over

170Hp 113Trq 10.4 Compression (JDM OBD I)

$ 1750.00 Plus shipping and handling.

or

30002 - B16A 88-91 (SiR I) Complete Change Over

160Hp 111Trq 10.2 Compression (JDM)

$ 1499.00 Plus shipping and handling.

All motors are from hmotorsonline.com

Itd be very helpful if you could state to the extent the custom work that would have to be done for each engine, or which looks like the best deal, and which would be easiest for an amatuer mechanic. thanks.

Itd be very helpful if you could state to the extent the custom work that would have to be done for each engine, or which looks like the best deal, and which would be easiest for an amatuer mechanic. thanks.

any b-series motor will drop in no problem. if you wanna go for after market mounts then hasport is a good way to go but stock siR mounts will work, besides if you buy a complete swap it comes with stock mounts. ive done business with steve from hmotorsonline numerous times and hes the best in the business both online and in person.

your best bet is to go for the B16A siRII swap, it has a hydro tranny just like your si. you wouldnt wanna go from a hydro tranny to cable trans. aaaaaaaaaaand, since your car is an Si, you dont have to worry about wiring VTEC cause its already there. so this swap should be really easy.

nice pic of xerosgirl.. good touch.

isnt that the fugliest bitch youve ever seen? i hope she has a nice body so she can at least hold the title of "butterface".>_<

okay... b16 SiR II it is then. it looks a bit more easy. How long do these swaps usually take? I can get my hands on a lift fairly easy, and, even if im just mostly dragging, should i get LSD?

get the LSD if you have the money. as for how long. it took me 8 hours and that was with a few breaks for lunch and parts and stuff.

okay a few more in detailed questions. what kind of LSD is it, helical, viscous, clutch, torsen, etc....

and my 93 SI HB is a hydraulic tranny, right?

Where does hmotorsonline cut the wiring harness....do they cut it off at the firewall and expect me to splice them all the way into my existing ECU clip? And the motor mounts that come with this will fit right in my 93 HB? and one more question, will my old fuel pump (180k miles im guessing) be able to keep up with all the new strain that these injectors will be putting on it?

Thanks.

Archived