What is an SH prelude and....

sandfhero

Hey everyone! New to this forum and wanting to get a Prelude soon. What's the difference between an SH prelude and a regular one? What's SH stand for? I want to get a 97-01. Do those years all have the same engines in them? What are some of the problems that 97-01 preludes can develope from normal wear? Is there anything I should watch out for when looking to buy one? Thanks a ton in advance for the info. :help:

SH is for Super-Handling. Its comes factory with a better suspension setup than the base but its is also heavier. Comes the H22A4 I believe. And they ve the same wear problems every other car will have.

• 3 weeks later...
thanks 88crxsi for the info. do you know where there are any decent preludes for sale?

If u r in the PA area:

Just Cruisin Inc.

290 Kulp Rd.

Harleysville, PA 19438

(215) 256 8369

This guy moves hondas and other imports like no tomorrow. Had about 8 more SH's and 5-7 Base 5th gens when I got mine in December. under 100,000 miles around $11,000, over 100,000 miles around $8000 was the average prices. Got mine already with some mods too, lowered, CAI, brake upgrades. They have a website but I can't find the link right now.

nice kegan, but the sh prelude comes with a h22a. it is the jdm version sold in america. alot like the civic or integra type r

I am pretty sure it has the H22A4 in it.

The SH has ATTS (Active Torque Transfer System) to minimize torque steer. I have heard that it gives the best control that's you'll experience from a FWD car, but I have never driven one to know if this is true.

If u r in the PA area:

Just Cruisin Inc.

290 Kulp Rd.

Harleysville, PA 19438

(215) 256 8369

This guy moves hondas and other imports like no tomorrow. Had about 8 more SH's and 5-7 Base 5th gens when I got mine in December. under 100,000 miles around $11,000, over 100,000 miles around $8000 was the average prices. Got mine already with some mods too, lowered, CAI, brake upgrades. They have a website but I can't find the link right now.

It would be great if you could fine me a link to their website. I would like to browse their inventory because I live in Kansas, so pretty far away. Please post it if you ever find it. Thanks.

sandfhero

Sorry man here's their site:

http://www.justcruisininc.com/#

• 1 month later...
Hey everyone! New to this forum and wanting to get a Prelude soon. What's the difference between an SH prelude and a regular one? What's SH stand for? I want to get a 97-01. Do those years all have the same engines in them? What are some of the problems that 97-01 preludes can develope from normal wear? Is there anything I should watch out for when looking to buy one? Thanks a ton in advance for the info. :help:

My first purchase into the Prelude world was a 2000 SH that I got this spring-what a fantastic vehicle! I would suggest the SH, I believe the Super Handling is a true statement. I have read a few different articles, including one that stated a 5th gen SH as being the best handling vehicle under $30,000! The ATTS is the major difference allowing (into a turn) the outside wheel to get most of the engine's torque and to spin it faster to help alieve the FWD 'plowing' problem in turns.

Archived