- - - - -

What is an SH prelude and....

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 sandfhero

sandfhero

• 5 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:39 AM

Hey everyone! New to this forum and wanting to get a Prelude soon. What's the difference between an SH prelude and a regular one? What's SH stand for? I want to get a 97-01. Do those years all have the same engines in them? What are some of the problems that 97-01 preludes can develope from normal wear? Is there anything I should watch out for when looking to buy one? Thanks a ton in advance for the info. :help:

#2 Kegger

Kegger

CONTACT!!!!!ONE!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,594 posts
  • Vehicles:94 Civic Hatch

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:46 AM

SH is for Super-Handling. Its comes factory with a better suspension setup than the base but its is also heavier. Comes the H22A4 I believe. And they ve the same wear problems every other car will have.

#3 sandfhero

sandfhero

• 5 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 12:49 PM

Is there a special letter or number in the vin code that indicates it's an SH model?

#4 Kegger

Kegger

CONTACT!!!!!ONE!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,594 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 01:28 PM

Click here

#5 Kegger

Kegger

CONTACT!!!!!ONE!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,594 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:13 PM

You need to leave this forum if your just gonna be a frackin jackass. We need your crap like we need crabs So just leave.

#6 mustang_eater12

mustang_eater12

• Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Vehicles:04 acura rsx, 94 honda civic ex

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:20 PM

nice kegan, but the sh prelude comes with a h22a. it is the jdm version sold in america. alot like the civic or integra type r

#7 sandfhero

sandfhero

• 5 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:25 PM

thanks 88crxsi for the info. do you know where there are any decent preludes for sale?

#8 SEPA Ride

SEPA Ride

• Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Vehicles:'98 Prelude Type SH

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:33 AM

thanks 88crxsi for the info. do you know where there are any decent preludes for sale?

If u r in the PA area:

Just Cruisin Inc.
290 Kulp Rd.
Harleysville, PA 19438
(215) 256 8369

This guy moves hondas and other imports like no tomorrow. Had about 8 more SH's and 5-7 Base 5th gens when I got mine in December. under 100,000 miles around $11,000, over 100,000 miles around $8000 was the average prices. Got mine already with some mods too, lowered, CAI, brake upgrades. They have a website but I can't find the link right now.

#9 sandfhero

sandfhero

• 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 01:19 AM

It would be great if you could fine me a link to their website. I would like to browse their inventory because I live in Kansas, so pretty far away. Please post it if you ever find it. Thanks.

sandfhero

#10 Col

Col

• PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Vehicles:'08 WRX Sedan

Posted 03 June 2007 - 02:40 PM

nice kegan, but the sh prelude comes with a h22a. it is the jdm version sold in america. alot like the civic or integra type r

I am pretty sure it has the H22A4 in it.

The SH has ATTS (Active Torque Transfer System) to minimize torque steer. I have heard that it gives the best control that's you'll experience from a FWD car, but I have never driven one to know if this is true.

#11 Ben.

Ben.

Y U NO LET ME SODOMIZE U?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,909 posts
  • Vehicles:'95 240sx

Posted 03 June 2007 - 03:03 PM

SH=itty.

#12 SEPA Ride

SEPA Ride

• Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Vehicles:'98 Prelude Type SH

Posted 03 June 2007 - 11:00 PM

If u r in the PA area:

Just Cruisin Inc.
290 Kulp Rd.
Harleysville, PA 19438
(215) 256 8369

This guy moves hondas and other imports like no tomorrow. Had about 8 more SH's and 5-7 Base 5th gens when I got mine in December. under 100,000 miles around $11,000, over 100,000 miles around $8000 was the average prices. Got mine already with some mods too, lowered, CAI, brake upgrades. They have a website but I can't find the link right now.

It would be great if you could fine me a link to their website. I would like to browse their inventory because I live in Kansas, so pretty far away. Please post it if you ever find it. Thanks.
sandfhero

Sorry man here's their site:

http://www.justcruisininc.com/#

#13 HONDA_FREAK

HONDA_FREAK

• Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Vehicles:98 Honda Accord

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:06 PM

Base models and SH models have some sort of difference in the exaust.

#14 typeSH

typeSH

• 16 posts
  • Vehicles:2000 Honda Prelude Type SH

Posted 14 July 2007 - 06:21 PM

Hey everyone! New to this forum and wanting to get a Prelude soon. What's the difference between an SH prelude and a regular one? What's SH stand for? I want to get a 97-01. Do those years all have the same engines in them? What are some of the problems that 97-01 preludes can develope from normal wear? Is there anything I should watch out for when looking to buy one? Thanks a ton in advance for the info. :help:

My first purchase into the Prelude world was a 2000 SH that I got this spring-what a fantastic vehicle! I would suggest the SH, I believe the Super Handling is a true statement. I have read a few different articles, including one that stated a 5th gen SH as being the best handling vehicle under $30,000! The ATTS is the major difference allowing (into a turn) the outside wheel to get most of the engine's torque and to spin it faster to help alieve the FWD 'plowing' problem in turns.