Been a little busy...

CRG7

JDM rear seat?

It's been tossed around. Originally, yeah I was looking at it. $400 was better spent elsewhere though, so I never got around to picking one up. It may be a "future" plan, but I'm still not 100%.

Looks great. Thanks for the inspiration since I'll soon be working on a CRX of my own. Can't wait after seeing those pictures.

:thumbsup:

I'm a big fan of the JDM rear seats. I mean they may not be the biggest of seats...but I would love the option to shove someone back there if need be. Although $400 for them would definitely be towards the end of the list of things to be done. Final touch kinda thing.

You can get rear seats for $400? That might be worth it so that I won't have 2 two-seaters... Something to think about.

Last time I looked at them, that's what they were going for. Honestly, you wouldn't want to put anyone back there. If you do a search on here for the rear seat, I posted a picture before of it in a CRX and there is no room back there at all. Since you are looking at CRXs, it simply replaces the lockbox in the rear for the bottom part of the seat, the seatbelts (2) come out of the rear compartments on either side of the lockbox, and the top part of the seat (back rest) goes where that piece is above/behind the lockbox. You might be able to fit a small child back there relatively comfortably (although I don't know why you'd want a small child in a CRX anyway lol), but no grown person would fit without a lot of discomfort.

Last time I looked at them, that's what they were going for. Honestly, you wouldn't want to put anyone back there. If you do a search on here for the rear seat, I posted a picture before of it in a CRX and there is no room back there at all. Since you are looking at CRXs, it simply replaces the lockbox in the rear for the bottom part of the seat, the seatbelts (2) come out of the rear compartments on either side of the lockbox, and the top part of the seat (back rest) goes where that piece is above/behind the lockbox. You might be able to fit a small child back there relatively comfortably (although I don't know why you'd want a small child in a CRX anyway lol), but no grown person would fit without a lot of discomfort.

I know how that is. I used to think my integra back seats were small. Then my brother got his 92 prelude. talk about small backseats.

Preludes have back seats?

I just think that it would beat shoving people in the trunk if my sol when the need arises. Which is what I do nowadays.

Yeah... I think the 97-01's have a little more room in the back than the 92-96.. which really don't have any room.

You can fit people in the back of the CRX if need be... I've had at least two in the back on quite a few occasions in the past (and have been in the back of one with two others). Unfortunately, they have to lay down when driving through town haha.

Thanks, xxscaxx :)

haha, i had some untorn 90-91 civic si seats in there, but the bride PRO's will be going in. all 4 of my JDM floormats are going to need a goooooood cleaning after i clear out the interior lol.

You wouldn't happen to still have those seats would you?

You wouldn't happen to still have those seats would you?

I still have the passenger seat, but I need to pull it out and check it's condition after it's been sitting under the work bench in the garage for a looong time.

Oh, for an update... the wiring harness went in today, and after a few adjustments, the B16 fired up... unfortunately, it's only firing off 1 & 2 right now.

I still have the passenger seat, but I need to pull it out and check it's condition after it's been sitting under the work bench in the garage for a looong time.

I need the drivers seat *more* than I need the passenger seat. No biggie. Just reconfirms that I shouldn't begin trying to rebuild this car.

Oh, for an update... the wiring harness went in today, and after a few adjustments, the B16 fired up... unfortunately, it's only firing off 1 & 2 right now.

why?

A couple of wires into the ECU are probably reversed, it'll get looked into later probably lol.

oh gotcha. i remember one time i was driving my del sol down the road and i got on it REAL hard, and a distributor wire popped off. scared the sh*t out of me. thought i blew it up lol.

Yeah, that happened to me once. I was like, "Oh, Gawd, it finally happened...."

Then I got four of those little fasteners that you tighten with a screw. So that should never happen again.

Archived