what time should a crx run with a stock b16a

gsxtc

so basically u running with or w/o headers/ if u running "straight header" then i would say about a 14.4-14.9. anything done to the internals of the b16. it really all depends on what all has been done to the internals of the b16a and how much the car weighs and the biggest factor is the driver. it all depends on the driver and how good/quick he is.

i would say you would run probably high 13s low 14s maybe mid 14s. depends on alot of other factors liek i said.

no way a zc with intake header and exhaust will run faster then a b16a with same mods.

hmmm, well like i said no turbo no NOS, its jus all motor with the intake header and exhaust...you sure bout that? i was told that i had the possibilities of mid 14's? :D

s14 silvia dont jump to conclusions. u could have a 900 hp hemi cuda that runs hi 16s. it 1. depends on the driver 2. depends on teh tranny 3. depends on the conditions 4. the weight of the vehicle 5. tire type 6. weather. all those factor in. i mean u could have a crx with jsut a zc and it weighs 1400 lbs vs. a crx with b16a w/ headers, intake, exhaust that weighs 2200 lbs. i mean u gota consider all the facts. but also i was wrong didnt mean to type high 13s mid 14s. i have ffi and i was typing on 2 different forums. plz before u jump down my throat i say u give me all the facts. then get back to me about jumping down my throat

first off i wasnt jumping down anyones throat about anything. and yes i know those other facts matter, i have driven at the track before so dont talk to me like i'm a child. i figured that the kid wanted to know how he'd do against a similarly outfitted crx with a b16. assuming he can drive and assuming the other guy can drive the b16a will be faster.

oh and next time dont jump on someone because they responded to YOUR mistake. its not my problem that you type faster then you think.

no intake or headers or exhuast but it does have a act 6 puck clucth and act light flywheel . i have another question i want to take out the cat when i do the headers and cat back but i heard that the vtec needs the cat in there is that true i use to have an eclipse gsx im not use to all this vtec stuff

first off i wasnt jumping down anyones throat about anything.  and yes i know those other facts matter, i have driven at the track before so dont talk to me like i'm a child.  i figured that the kid wanted to know how he'd do against a similarly outfitted crx with a b16. assuming he can drive and assuming the other guy can drive the b16a will be faster.

oh and next time dont jump on someone because they responded to YOUR mistake. its not my problem that you type faster then you think.

i wasnt meaning to talk to you like a little child. i was jsut stating that there are other facts out there and to let ALL people know that those count too. i know you have driven down the 1/4 before because you have told us. i just wasnt sure if he was just taking to crxs one w/ b16a and one w/ zc and running em then yes a b16a will be faster. but if u take a crx that weighs 1400 lbs with a zc vs a crx that weighs 2200 lbs with a b16a then the crx w/ the zc will win. also u could have 2 exact same crxs that weigh the same and have 2 different drivers and say the zc has hte better drive yes hte b16a has more power/torque but the crx w/ the zc has a better driver so the crx w/ the zc will win. i wasnt meaning to jump ON you s14 silvia i was just pointing out i didnt have all the facts. yes i misstyped so what. but do not underestimate my inteligence when it comes to drag racing and hondas. i will not loose unless it is to a honda mechanic. i can type 78 wpm(words per min) and i can think about the same speed but i wasnt thinkin that fast cause i had jsut woken up. now im not going to start a flame war with you so dont respond bitching at me. i just want you to respond nicely and we can not have a flame war like other people have.

yes you could run all motor 11s. but you would need to have your motor blue printed, your heads polished, ported, and multi-angle valve job,bored about .30-.80 over, new pistons, rods, crank, bearings, new cam gears, new cams, new rockers, sleeved, and a whole new exhaust, header, and intake, and intake plentum, and maybe have your throttlebody bored .30 out, and have your motor stroked

yes you could run all motor 11s. but you would need to have your motor blue printed, your heads polished, ported, and multi-angle valve job,bored about .30-.80 over, new pistons, rods, crank, bearings, new cam gears, new cams, new rockers, sleeved, and a whole new exhaust, header, and intake, and intake plentum, and maybe have your throttlebody bored .30 out, and have your motor stroked

yep... not to mention 13.5:1 cr pistons.. but really that was too much for me to spend on a street car and it wouldnt be realistic for me to have to mix my own gas.

oh and no one underestimated you're intelligence.

just checkin. lol. so we cool now s14. so silvia ive been reading up on the 240sx/siliva and they seem pretty sweet. i guy that lives down the street from me has a 240sx that he is converting over to a silvia spec car. he already has the SR20DET oredered and a T78 turbo upgrade from GReddy. its gona be sweet. he has told me he has A'PEXi N1 Cat-back system, HKS Cams, HKS Camgears, HKS BOV, HKS Wastegate, and a bunch of other crap ordered. my question was that do u own a 240sx? or an actuall s14 silvia.

its a 95 240sx with a 97 s14 motor. ive been told that to run anything bigger then a t67 you need to run a stroker kit such as the toda one, not sure on that though.

i am however looking into the possibility of bringing in an s15 for "race purposes only" haha :laugh:

its a 95 240sx with a 97 s14 motor. ive been told that to run anything bigger then a t67 you need to run a stroker kit such as the toda one, not sure on that though.

i am however looking into the possibility of bringing in an s15 for "race purposes only" haha :laugh:

ive never actaully heard that u need a stroker kit for anything bigger than a t67. hell there is a orange one is turbo mag that has a s14 motor and doesnt have any type of stroker kit.

no intake or exhaust its 88 crx si i heard it should run a 14.7 on street tires does this sound right? its a jdm b16a.

a fren ob mine has a 85 CRX HF with a B16A2 running a 14.3 no i/h/e right out of the box.. i mean civic... :crazy: nvm i said that.

the car used to weigh 1700lbs but now it weighs.. i think its @1900lbs.. and yes he had street tires.. he running his car at sears point next week!!(hope he dose good).. he has a stock B16A2 motor in his 85 CRX HF light ass car..

this?

7_12signals15.jpg

and yeah, ive talked to signal and greddy who both said that you really cant use anything bigger then a t67 without a stroker kit.

no not that car. its just a plain 240sx that has been converted till silvia spec and has either a s13/s14 motor in it. its orange on the outside and is left hand drive. was featured about a year ago. it has a t78/t88 turbo(cant member which) and i dont think it has a stroker kit. hell im gona go find the article and tell you if it did or not. but even if u need a stroker kit for one i would jsut use the t67. they are very nice turbos to use

t67's are nice, but there are a lot of other turbo's out there that dont require a stroker kit and make 400+hp on a sr20det, and half of em are internally wastegated. i'm lookin into a hks 3037 or a trust t518z, both make over 400hp but stay in the stock location, the 3037 can even use the stock manifold.

Archived