4g63 Swap

ChillyJ1026

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets see. I own a 95 Supra, single turbo 626RWHP. I Own a 95 Mitsu GSX some mods, full 3" exhaust, Intake, Lowered, wheels etc. pretty quick, no problems (knock on wood). And a 93 Civic EX 1.6 that I Just picked up that needed a motor (Hole smashed through the block-No Oil)

But I have never heard of a 4g63 put into a Civic!!! Stay with Honda parts when workin with a Honda! I had a Turboed 98 Integra GSR Before and that was a quick car. Either turbo it, Charge it, or juice it, But don't put a Mitsu motor into it!!

So why exactly was verbal coming at me like that?! I sad I was going to go Crvtec and I just wanted to know about the 4g63 cuz someone put the idea into my head. I was curios. That guy needs to f'in chill!

Also if I were to get the Nissan I would keep it! Duh!

I Own a 95 Mitsu GSX some mods, full 3" exhaust, Intake, Lowered, wheels etc. pretty quick, no problems (knock on wood).

well ur lucky b/c i got, full 3'' exhaust, 255 high pressure fuel pump and a 20g turbo and i got a vaccum leak that im fixing this week, and getting fuel cut when racing, god i wish i had the money for DSM LINK..................

but everything else works fine and it runs hard............

well ur lucky b/c i got, full 3'' exhaust, 255 high pressure fuel pump and a 20g turbo and i got a vaccum leak that im fixing this week, and getting fuel cut when racing, god i wish i had the money for DSM LINK..................

but everything else works fine and it runs hard............

Stock DSM ecu is SOOOOOOOO restrictive its ridiculous. Its always updating trim values so you can never get the most of a mod. And I saw you said the 1g motor is better. That's almost true but you have to take time and money to put all 2g stuff into it. If you want to make it fast. The 1g electronics are so weird that its better to put in a 2g MAF, and some other 2g goodies. I forget the other stuff.

Here's a list of differences between 1g and 2g:

1g TM is bigger by like 5mm(?)

1g oil journals and jets are bigger (this is what they think causes walk in 2g's)

1g doesn't have much risk of walk

1g heads have better flow

...overall 1g had bigger parts, but this all added to a heavier car.

2g much prettier

2g slower (smaller parts)

2g CRANKWALK

the older engines suck, but the ones in the Evos now are a bulletproof motor. have so many years under its belt, a reason why they are so much easier to make fast then my EJ25. +1 for the 4g63's.

and chubbs, who cares if its a mitsu motor in a honda. i give the guy props for doing it. unique > original.

the older engines suck, but the ones in the Evos now are a bulletproof motor. have so many years under its belt, a reason why they are so much easier to make fast then my EJ25. +1 for the 4g63's.

and chubbs, who cares if its a mitsu motor in a honda. i give the guy props for doing it. unique > original.

this is why evo swaps are really cool. cause it really is a better motor. plus the intercooler piping is waaaayyyyy more better and more direct. plus i'm gonna assume the ecu is much better.

"more better" haha.

im impressed with the EVOs purely because its the only car/motor that Ive seen an advertisment for selling a 1000+ HP build. its possible with alot of motors honda or DSM I know, but for it to be that easy that a company just sells that service i thought was pretty cool. ive wanted to thro an evo motor in a 00-03 galant with an R33 conversion. that'd be pretty sweet IMO

"more better" haha.

im impressed with the EVOs purely because its the only car/motor that Ive seen an advertisment for selling a 1000+ HP build. its possible with alot of motors honda or DSM I know, but for it to be that easy that a company just sells that service i thought was pretty cool. ive wanted to thro an evo motor in a 00-03 galant with an R33 conversion. that'd be pretty sweet IMO

yeah dude 4g63's came in older galant vr4's, though im not exactly sure they can go in the new ones. did you research it?

• 1 year later...
1st gen dsm's are some of the most unreliable cars ever built. 4 of my friends have turbo awd models, and 2 of those have at least one part car. one of my friends dynoed his car at 412 awhp, but not one of those four people has a dsm that runs at this very moment. the guy with the built one just needs a wire harness, but he's affraid that when he puts it in, something else will break. point is, they can be made very fast, but it is a very unreliable setup. I would never consider it myself.

edit: I would never consider owning a dsm, I wasn't talking about puting a 4g63 in a honda. thats just stupid, like puting an SR20 into an RX7

sure it wasn't your friends fault for be unreiliable. the only reason for my galant vr4 be down is because it was my own fault

Archived