4g63 Swap

ChillyJ1026

Hey guys. On another forum some guys said that they think the 4G63 is the best swap for a honda, what are your thoughts. And how could I accomplish this. What else would I need. I was thinking of doin crvtec, but this intrigued me any help would be appreciated!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is the worst, most degrading thing you can do to a poor Honda. Why would you ruin a Honda by putting a crapty-ass motor into it. That is just appauling and I think they should never be around a car again.

That is the worst, most degrading thing you can do to a poor Honda. Why would you ruin a Honda by putting a crapty-ass motor into it. That is just appauling and I think they should never be around a car again.

+1

A 4G63 is a Mitsubishi motor, its in the second gen eclipses and Talons. Lol whoever is telling you this information should go work on something else besides cars.

Dude, phat idea. That would totally prawn the competition.

Lol.. I would laugh if an Evo/Eclipse forum saw this.. OH TEH NOES!! 4G63 is the best motor EVEERRR!

Only the people who own 4G and 6G motors think they are great.

nah, not really, my manager has a 95 gst and he hates it, has 140k on the chassis, its currently on its second motor, two rebuilds on the first motor, and its on the second rebuild on the second motor, hes lookin for a honda now, just like a cheap ef that he can turbo

Hey I went to cincy street scene and I read the thread where they told you to do the 4g63 swap, I dont know if they were being sarcastic or not. Most of the guys on CincyStreetScene are ass holes anyways you should join CincinnatStreetRacing.com

1st gen dsm's are some of the most unreliable cars ever built. 4 of my friends have turbo awd models, and 2 of those have at least one part car. one of my friends dynoed his car at 412 awhp, but not one of those four people has a dsm that runs at this very moment. the guy with the built one just needs a wire harness, but he's affraid that when he puts it in, something else will break. point is, they can be made very fast, but it is a very unreliable setup. I would never consider it myself.

edit: I would never consider owning a dsm, I wasn't talking about puting a 4g63 in a honda. thats just stupid, like puting an SR20 into an RX7

A guy I know with a GSX just cracked his valve cover ($400 from Mitsu).. all stock except for Espelir exhaust.

Oh and not to mention he blew his turbo too.. not a hard driver and stock boost. Ended up costing $2000..

So far total investment is $3000.. in a $8000 car. You do the math.. only $500 of it was semi-productive.

When the told me I was like what the f*$k because of how unreliable I heard those engines were. The only thing that sounded good was the times I could put down. But if its gonna brake all the time, then why bother. Also I'd rather stay with honda parts and not mix cuz that is a sh!!y thing to do!

So back to my other question Crvtec:

What kind of times and hp possibilities?

actually the 4g63 head has been used with a honda bottom end b4... it was used on the ver first AEM drag civic if i remember reading t righ in a mag.... but thats as much as i know... and it takes alot to make it work... but with what is out there for honda motors its a waste of time unless u are doin a mitsu...

Just like the blackdelsol said they may be unreliable with alot of tuning but I had mine GST 4g63 for 3 years and only a crankshaft pulley broke, the rubber or the harmonic balancer. very quick car, and an engine with a great performance potential. Go to dsmtuners.com where you can find much more information on anything. of course none of the honda guys like and neither do the 4g63 guys. These engines are not crop after all they are old. Most importantly do your research, consider your budget and level of easyness.

*By the way that guy would not have blown his turbo if he didnt overboosted it or overtorqued that volve cover.

ive seen a 94 civic hatch with a 4g in it. wasnt complete but it was in the engine bay lol. had 2 out of 3 mounts complete he just had probs with the third one. he claimed to have the cyclone block, i dont give 2 craps about mitsu's so i couldnt tell the difference but it was a cool idea if youve got time, money, and brain power to waste on a project like that.

CRVtec can easily push 800 HP boosted. if youve got atleast 12k - 15k to pour into it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived