25 replies to this topic

#21 Pyrorocketeer

Pyrorocketeer

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts
  • Vehicles:74 Volkswagen Super Beetle, 90 Accord

Posted 09 August 2006 - 03:33 PM

well yeah if i just painted a car then of course i would wet sand it, but that's not necessary any other time.

oh yeah, thats what I was talking about, everytime with that will ruin your clear!

#22 Pballer2005

Pballer2005

That's what she said

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts
  • Vehicles:2004 neon srt4

Posted 18 August 2006 - 12:37 AM

how mcuh would i pay to have a detailer do all that for me? my paint is in bad shape cuz whoever had it before me must have parked it oustide and never waxed it cuz the paint feels rough and the waterspots have etched themselves into the finish. i have a question, there are fine white lines in the front of the hood of my car, just on the hood, that look like towel lint from a distnace, but up close it looks like actualy cracks in teh paint almost like the paint is splitting or something. you can feel these cracks with your fingers. i have no idea what caused these since they where there when i bought the car.

#23 90IntegraC1

90IntegraC1

Snatch.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,109 posts
  • Vehicles:LS-VTEC DA9, '03 Toyota Camry XLE, '00 Civic EX

Posted 18 August 2006 - 04:10 AM

you'll pay between $200-$400 depending where you go.

me and my friend matt charge $300 for a full detail.

#24 CleanGSR

CleanGSR

HondaForums Pimp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,007 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:59 AM

how mcuh would i pay to have a detailer do all that for me? my paint is in bad shape cuz whoever had it before me must have parked it oustide and never waxed it cuz the paint feels rough and the waterspots have etched themselves into the finish. i have a question, there are fine white lines in the front of the hood of my car, just on the hood, that look like towel lint from a distnace, but up close it looks like actualy cracks in teh paint almost like the paint is splitting or something. you can feel these cracks with your fingers. i have no idea what caused these since they where there when i bought the car.

Yeah, it depends on where you go. A full multi stage polish and the full works I charge $200 for a compact car like a civic or integra. $250 for a mid size car. I figure on a compact car it takes me about 7-8 hours for the full detail so I'm making $25/hour minus supplies. Plus I'm a good bit under the normal price around here so it helps get me business. That includes engine and interior, etc.... too.

Probably nothing can be done about the cracks in your hood without re-spraying it.

#25 90IntegraC1

90IntegraC1

Snatch.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,109 posts
  • Vehicles:LS-VTEC DA9, '03 Toyota Camry XLE, '00 Civic EX

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:01 AM

we charge $300 b/c we split it two ways, and also a GOOD detail around here is no lower than $400.

some places only charge $200 but they do a terrible job.

#26 CleanGSR

CleanGSR

HondaForums Pimp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,007 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:13 AM

Well, I don't have a high client base so have the cheaper price helps with getting started. I also offer a basic package with just wash, wax, wheels/tires and interior, etc.... for all the people who don't really care about their car but want it to look decent. I can nail out one of those pretty quick....about 2 hours for a compact. Plus I use my car as an example of my work. 7 year old paint with no swirl marks or hazing kind of shows that I know how to do a good detail. Especially since it's black and wouldl show the smallest imperfection.