Do You Think The Crx Should Have A Comeback?

CompactRacerX

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>OKAY OKAY, got some more info on the CRX 2004-2005 Concept Car - CRX Comeback! </span>

While Honda thinks about reintroducing one of its most glorious models, we can't help but blurt out our full support, - this is a no-brainer, guys.

The CRX was brilliant when Honda developed it almost 20 years ago, and the tearaway combination of light and potent hasn't lost its appeal. Honda is believed to be seriously considering developing a two-seat sports car with those qualities, using its new Global Small Platform. The car, which Honda insiders are already calling the CRX, could appear in late 2004 or early 2005.

For the Japanese market, the CRX will exist in two forms: an entry-level model with a 1.0-litre DOHC VTEC triple producing appoximately 74 kW (the engine derived from the block used in Honda's Insight hybrid coupé), and a hardcore 1.6-litre DOHC four cylinder engine (also with VTEC) generating 110-115 kW. Not incredible, until you realise that the target weight for the four-cylinder coupé is said to cut under 800 kg. Put it this way - that's 200 kg less than the Mini and 175 kg lighter than an MR2.

This gives the 1.6-litre variant a tidy 7.27 kg/kW ratio in the worst case. By comparison, a 225 kW VXII SS Commodore has a kilogram-to-kilowatt ratio of 7.52. So, if Honda builds it, the little CRX will stand-out quick. Transmissions proposed are a five-speed manual for the 1.0-litre three cylinder, and a six-speed manual for the 1.6-litre. Use of Honda's CVT is said to be under study, but is not yet an official part of the programme.

The new two-seater is small, and information from Honda indicates a wheelbase in the 2250 to 2350 mm range, overall length of less than 3650 mm, width of 1690 mm and height below 1270 mm. This makes it a strictly a two-pew affair.

rand.jpg

well...........opps, this kinda has more info i think if not keep reading so you will like it more the tha civic or teggy or s2000 or nsx or element or any other honda including the new accord or pilot or.. tooo many ors..

I think it deserves a comeback, just don't use the RSX looking headlights and make sure the back stays slanted. Mkae it a nice car this time instead of a cheap commuter car......

1.8 liter DOHC VTEC

aluminum hood

16" aluminum wheels

all around disc

and some Sparco's

hmm... well id rather have a RSX lights then civic lights tho..

but honda tradition is likea... civic/crx 1.6L dohc motor, and acura teggy is 1.8L i dont think honda would have a 1.8 in civics or crx..

but it would be nice to have a B18C in that new crx.. :laugh:

• 1 month later...

Small CRX deserves a comeback. A little lardy at 800kgs, if they dared turn it out under 700kgs I'd be impressed, and 1.0/1.6 would be plenty quick. Taking the whole engine/transmission and dumping it in the rear would be interesting too. Picture a Se7en power and weight with Honda reliability, price and aerodynamics and you're onto a serious winner...

Manual windows, manual mirrors, manual seat adjsut, manual steering, no sunroof, no aircon etc etc, a Japanese Lotus Elise if you like, but costing under £10k.

i have one of those day-by-day calendars with cars, and a few days ago i got one about a new crx concept. i think it was called the JVX. I'll find the picture if I can

• 2 months later...

Ive never like the crx but im not going to hate on it. I rather them bring back the Del Sol. That car would be a great comeback. I would love to see that. Crx to me just look like buckets even though there quick but they dont have that look that a sports car needs. Even with the new ones i dont think they will be a success.

Ive never like the crx but im not going to hate on it. I rather them bring back the Del Sol. That car would be a great comeback. I would love to see that. Crx to me just look like buckets even though there quick but they dont have that look that a sports car needs. Even with the new ones i dont think they will be a success.

hrmm...

CRX>Del Sol

umm honda has an S2000.. thats pretty new and pretty close to the CRX Del Sol..the new CRX in 2004-2005 is lighter(1700lbs).. has more space(more head room).. and a stronger motor yet its a(B16).. but bringing back the delsol.. hmmm.. it would just be an low budget S2000 in a way..

Small CRX deserves a comeback. A little lardy at 800kgs, if they dared turn it out under 700kgs I'd be impressed, and 1.0/1.6 would be plenty quick. Taking the whole engine/transmission and dumping it in the rear would be interesting too. Picture a Se7en power and weight with Honda reliability, price and aerodynamics and you're onto a serious winner...

Manual windows, manual mirrors, manual seat adjsut, manual steering, no sunroof, no aircon etc etc, a Japanese Lotus Elise if you like, but costing under £10k.

Civics have 2.0's in them.

• 2 years later...

I used to own a CRX in the mid 1990's, and I have somewhat regretted selling it...many times when I pass one on the road, my eyes light up...when a CRX is put in the ads here (Philadelphia, Pa. region), it seems to be gone within 1-2 weeks...also, I prefer that Honda would just remove those wheel well covers off of the Insight (and make them "regular" shaped)...then the Insight would look like the CRX!! (OK, it's a bit less in width and a bit more in height)...the 2006 (manual) Insight's rating is 60 mpg city/66 mpg hwy, but the CRX HF rating was in the 40's/50's mpg (for example, the 1987 CRX HF was rated at 52 mpg city/57 hwy)...please take those wheel well covers off, and we have a sporty Insight!....and it could be called the Insight CRX...please bring back the CRX (although I respect if others don't prefer the CRX altogether)...

you kno what would of been a good idea to actually of come out? the ford gt90. i am not a ford person at all, but damn that car would of been somethn else. they were actually htinking of producing 100 of them but it never happened. things a quad turbo, and stock gets 10.3 quarter mile.

• 1 month later...

Archived