Do You Think The Crx Should Have A Comeback?

CompactRacerX

As much as I'd hate to say it, and as much as I like CRX's, Honda is being outsold by Toyota and other such companies because of one product: A popular SUV. The Element doesn't appeal to the baby boomers who are going through their midlife crisis or heading towards senior citizen discount at Denny's. The CRV is ho-hum. If Honda finds a place for the CRX in a future lineup, I'd have it directly compete against the new SVT Focus. Just my 2 cents. :)

Every time I see an SUV on the road or parked, it's either soccer mom (Explorer, Blazer), baller blocker (Escalade, Navigator) or OJ Simpson (white Bronco). bleh God help us all.

FOUND IT took me a while but i got proof....

crx-l.jpgcrx-r.jpg

retyped from above pics

While Honda thinks about reintroducing one of its most glorious models, we can't help but blurt out our full support, - this is a no-brainer, guys.

The CRX was brilliant when Honda developed it almost 20 years ago, and the tearaway combination of light and potent hasn't lost its appeal. Honda is believed to be seriously considering developing a two-seat sports car with those qualities, using its new Global Small Platform. The car, which Honda insiders are already calling the CRX, could appear in late 2004 or early 2005.

For the Japanese market, the CRX will exist in two forms: an entry-level model with a 1.0-litre DOHC VTEC triple producing appoximately 74 kW (the engine derived from the block used in Honda's Insight hybrid coupé), and a hardcore 1.6-litre DOHC four cylinder engine (also with VTEC) generating 110-115 kW. Not incredible, until you realise that the target weight for the four-cylinder coupé is said to cut under 800 kg. Put it this way - that's 200 kg less than the Mini and 175 kg lighter than an MR2.

This gives the 1.6-litre variant a tidy 7.27 kg/kW ratio in the worst case. By comparison, a 225 kW VXII SS Commodore has a kilogram-to-kilowatt ratio of 7.52. So, if Honda builds it, the little CRX will stand-out quick. Transmissions proposed are a five-speed manual for the 1.0-litre three cylinder, and a six-speed manual for the 1.6-litre. Use of Honda's CVT is said to be under study, but is not yet an official part of the programme.

The new two-seater is small, and information from Honda indicates a wheelbase in the 2250 to 2350 mm range, overall length of less than 3650 mm, width of 1690 mm and height below 1270 mm. This makes it a strictly a two-pew affair.

crx-art.jpg

im not really impressed, i knew that it would happen sooner or later,this would probaly be the 4gen crx..

As much as I'd hate to say it, and as much as I like CRX's, Honda is being outsold by Toyota and other such companies because of one product: A popular SUV. The Element doesn't appeal to the baby boomers who are going through their midlife crisis or heading towards senior citizen discount at Denny's. The CRV is ho-hum. If Honda finds a place for the CRX in a future lineup, I'd have it directly compete against the new SVT Focus. Just my 2 cents. :)

Every time I see an SUV on the road or parked, it's either soccer mom (Explorer, Blazer), baller blocker (Escalade, Navigator) or OJ Simpson (white Bronco). bleh God help us all.

The Element wasn't suppose to attract people above 30 anyways. It was directly aimed at the young college male market. And from the looks of it, Honda has hit the nail on the head. The best selling CR-V and the recently introduced Pilot should cover the SUV market pretty well in the coming future. What Honda needs now are trucks...

Yes, and Honda needs to wake up and see what has happened to it's hold on the Sports Compact market. They know they hold a big share of the market, they produced that commercial "Represent" with all those modded Civics cruising through town. Yet, they kill off the Prelude. Bring over a mid-pack Si and RSX. Arrgh, it's frustrating to see SE-Rs beating RSXs and Focuses stomping on Si's...BAH! So hopefully, if Honda plans on bringing anything over here to compete in this market, they will not water it down.

Thanks vTrAcEr17 for the article, and the information. That is really cool to me that they may be bringing the CRX back to the market. I don't CARE what people say, I like the CRX. I do have to admit that that body style is a little whacked, but all these cars are starting to look whacked now.

Thanks vTrAcEr17 for the article, and the information. That is really cool to me that they may be bringing the CRX back to the market. I don't CARE what people say, I like the CRX. I do have to admit that that body style is a little whacked, but all these cars are starting to look whacked now.

yup, thanks for the info... posted it on my board too, lol... anyway, i'm not sure if i'd like a return of the crx or not :crazy:

i never really have liked the crx, and i don't think that this new one is going to appeal to me either. so to me it doesn't really matter if they bring it back or not. i say keep the prelude in production before you bring back the crx :crazy:

but thats just me 8)

:mad: grrrrr.. yea i know this crx looks kinda wack.. i like the 2nd gens.. :laugh:

hahah sorry man, my friend gave me the link and i didnt realize it until i saw ur post yo...sorry for biting ur avatar....but come on....its sooooooo tight..heh props to you for finding that man :D

can u say they ruined the crx. that car looks nasty. i would much rather have an 88 or 89. crx si jdm rhd with a b18c5 with t3/t4 hybrid turbo and hks and greddy turbo parts. also must be pushing about 600 hp to the wheels and have volk TE-37 black rims with a mugen(cyber) body kit and dropped 3"

can u say they ruined the crx. that car looks nasty. i would much rather have an 88 or 89. crx si jdm rhd with a b18c5 with t3/t4 hybrid turbo and hks and greddy turbo parts. also must be pushing about 600 hp to the wheels and have volk TE-37 black rims with a mugen(cyber) body kit and dropped 3"

well that new crx with the 3 cyl. has good i mean better milage then the geo (around 50mpg) yeah they kinda f**ked it up.. id rather getta 2nd gen crx...:ninja:

Ok, so it looks like it's just me that kinda likes the looks of the "new CRX"... that's okay. Granted, sounds like they are seriously jacking w/ the engine, which was the only respectable thing about it to begin w/ besides its weight, but the looks are kinda cool. A little too much like the new tiburon though, only shortened up. Gotta agree though, the del sol needs a revival. I can't be the only one who likes the new looks, right?

........ :glare:

ok il say it again from the 1st post, this comes optional 3cyl (for milage, not speed) and also optional the CRX 4 cyl (B16A) which they mentioned that it is faster then the stock Honda Integra Type-R.. :laugh::laugh:

:ninja:

yea thats funny that it is faster than a teg type r but still. i mean come on. hell i would jsut not waste the money on buying the peppy one and buy the 3 cyl pos and put a h22a or b18c5 with a greddy or hks turbo kit on it. also maybe even an :bow: apexi :bow:

• 2 weeks later...
yea thats funny that it is faster than a teg type r but still. i mean come on. hell i would jsut not waste the money on buying the peppy one and buy the 3 cyl pos and put a h22a or b18c5 with a greddy or hks turbo kit on it. also maybe even an :bow: apexi :bow:

the 3cy crx cant beat a type r, its meant for lightweight and fuel reason, but i mentioned early that theres a crx type r killer stock, that comes with a b16(new motor, 4 cyl DOHC vtec) basically if you do a swap on this type of car, you would go faster then it is, since the whole car is so frackin light..

tru tru. he is right. also did u get your sig from 240sx forums.com?? they are tight cars. wish i had one. also wish i had my crx back. ooo hey guys i saw my rex last night. went out racing with my buddy is his skyline and we saw my old crx eating the crap outa people. the dude membered me and i took it for a joy ride. i was so happy!!!

tru tru. he is right. also did u get your sig from 240sx forums.com?? they are tight cars. wish i had one. also wish i had my crx back. ooo hey guys i saw my rex last night. went out racing with my buddy is his skyline and we saw my old crx eating the crap outa people. the dude membered me and i took it for a joy ride. i was so happy!!!

yes i did steal it from that forum, i just cut it out and drew helped me out the the bmp to jpg.

yea they are tight cars..:ninja:

Archived