How many sunroof drain holes?

cbspeckman

Hello everyone -

Want to start off and say Hello to everyone. This is my first post here. I am a member of different forums for each of my vehicles (Ranger PU, Focus, and now Accord). I have a 1987 Honda Accord LX-i (my way to rebell against the high gas prices, parked the Ranger PU :D ) I just got it about 2 months ago with 229,000 miles on it for $200. Now I am working on getting the stuff working right. I put a clutch in it very first thing, as the car would not even move when I purchased it. Then I had to put a new exhaust on it. HOLY CRAP those flex pipes are expensive ($150). Total cost of exhaust was $300 and that was everything from the flex pipe back with the exception of the cat. convrt. The last owner "fixed" the sunroof leak with duct tape.... No more need be said. I peeled the tape off about 3 weeks ago. Still have all the tape residue left on there. What a pain that is going to be to get off.

Well ANYWAYS.... I washed the car by hand to simulate a rain fall, then opened the sunroof to check the drain plugs... The 2 in the front were both clogged, I used my air compressor and blew out both lines and now they drain perfect. All fixed right... NO, The first few times it rained everything was perfect, until one day it was raining and I had to park on a slight hill (Facing up hill), it rained and I got back into the car and drove away. Stopped at the stop sign on the other side of the hill and took a bath right there in car. :( So I am thinking that there has got to be some more drain holes in the back of the car for the water to drain out of the back???? So I am wondering if anyone knows if there is any drains back there, before I drop the ceiling out of it and look myself. I am thinking there must be as when this car was new I have a hard time beleaving that Honda just told people to park facing down hill and there will not be a problem :) This is what I do now to resolve the problem temp. but I would really like to fix this right and with a long term fix in place. So The question is:

Is there any drain holes in the back of my sunroof? One in each corner? (total of 4?) Any help would be WONDERFUL!

Thanks Everyone... This seems to be a GREAT website and I look forward to watching it grow post by post. :thumbsup:

My 1989 Honda Accord has the same problem, but I'm fairly sure that the sunroof has a leak on the front corner on the driver side. I tried some silicone as a quick fix, and it worked for a while, but it still leaks now. For right now, I just cover the driver seat when its supposed to rain. :dry:

• 3 weeks later...

All i can tell you is that yes there is infact a front drainage and rear drainage system... sorry couldnt be of more help..

what is the condition of the weatherstripping around the actual sunroof?

Archived