98 civic ex window off track

punkture

i popped the door panel off last night to see if i could do a quick-fix with limited lighting. after the door panel was off, i was a bit stumped. it seems like there is a metal wall for the lack of better words between the door panel and the window itself. so my question is, once i have my door panel off, how do i actually get to the window in order to get it back on track, or at least investigate the issue to see why its off in the first place?

i removed my door panel yesterday on my lunchbreak and took care of it. items needed:

-screw driver

-10mm socket and rachet

-daylight

-patience

-a cold budweiser would have gone nice with it

once the 5 screws were removed that hold the door panel in place, i disconnected the power locks, windows, and front speakers. with the door panel on the ground, i loosened the 2 10mm bolts that hold the window on the regulator. i'm not sure what the "right" want to do this is, but i found it relatively easy to do it this way. i plugged in the electric window button unit device (the new improved technical term for it), pulled the window to the "up" position manually and used the button to lift the regulator. after sliding the window back into the two vertical tracks from the top, i slowly lowered the regulator. once in the "down" position, i bolted it back up with the 2 10mm bolts, removed the window button, installed the door panel, plugged back in all the electrical crap, bolted the door panel back on and poof. it took about 45 minutes and was a pain, but all in all it wasn't too bad. now if i could just find someone who wanted to buy this civic. note to self: never own another honda. it seems like im fixing lame problems every week.

Going in with the same kind of problem my driver side window wants to go forward when I roll it up. Then when it slides forward it gets to a point to where the window itself stops moving. I have to put my hand at the front of the window, pull the pain (I spelled it that way cuz it's a pain in the ass), back towards the back of the car. I have to do this process two or three times to get the window as far up as it will go. There is still about a quarter of an inch in the very front of the window where it doesn't close all the way. Do you think doing the same things you did with pulling the panel off would help?

there are two tracks (obviously), a front and a rear. your window is off the front track. you will have to repeat exactly what i had to do to fix this. here's a helpful tip or two...keep in mind there are two tracks when you are putting the window back on the front track. it is easy to pull the window off the rear track. if you do this, which i did on accident, you will have to pull the window all the way up and slid it into both tracks from the top at the same time - piece of cake. tip #2: if you have tinted windows, be careful not to scratch the tint on the metal that is usually covered by the door panel. good luck and be patient. its a very easy fix, but it is also very easy to get frustrated. had i had another pair of arms working with me, i could have fixed it in half the time. grab a beer and set aside an hour or so to take care of it.

I have had this problem for a couple of years actually. It has only gotten worse over time. I dare not even roll my window down but just enough to have my bag of food handed to me at the drive thru. I've become quite the expert at this repair. I actually keep the needed tools in my car at all times. Does anyone know how to stop it from coming off track all together. Should I lubricate it or replace the motor or what? Any suggestions would be appriciated.

i removed my door panel yesterday on my lunchbreak and took care of it. items needed:

-screw driver

-10mm socket and rachet

-daylight

-patience

-a cold budweiser would have gone nice with it

once the 5 screws were removed that hold the door panel in place, i disconnected the power locks, windows, and front speakers. with the door panel on the ground, i loosened the 2 10mm bolts that hold the window on the regulator. i'm not sure what the "right" want to do this is, but i found it relatively easy to do it this way. i plugged in the electric window button unit device (the new improved technical term for it), pulled the window to the "up" position manually and used the button to lift the regulator. after sliding the window back into the two vertical tracks from the top, i slowly lowered the regulator. once in the "down" position, i bolted it back up with the 2 10mm bolts, removed the window button, installed the door panel, plugged back in all the electrical crap, bolted the door panel back on and poof. it took about 45 minutes and was a pain, but all in all it wasn't too bad. now if i could just find someone who wanted to buy this civic. note to self: never own another honda. it seems like im fixing lame problems every week.

your sellin it? I want the newer body style let me know...

Archived