types of swaps

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a 2006 honda civic coupe. I want to buy a motor to build and store so if the one I got goes out I can just drop a built and turboed motor in it. But idk what the best motor to start with is. I thought about doing the h22 swap but I really dont even know if that will fit. I want to push the max hp that I can. So can anyone help me out here? Of course I'm going to build the transmission and upgrade the ecu but I want to be able to smoke my brothers fully built srt-4 which is probably pushin about 450hp wih a g35r turbo.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

ok so i need help i have a d15b2 in my 91 hatch and im swaping heads for the d16y8 head .i have a p2p obd2a ecu already. my car obd0. whats the easiest way to go from obd0 to obd2a onthe manifold? ialso need to know how to get or where to get theconversion harness for the throttle body wires cause i have dpfi instead of the mpfi .when i get myhead im gettin the y8 manifold and throttle body my wire connecters wont work.....please sum1 help me out this is my only dilema so i need helpppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Joe Rini

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Would a boosted B18B1 non-VTEC engine mated with a GSR transmission yield promising results for stability of the vehicle to power ratio? Or, would it be more efficient to scour the surface for a B18C1 VTEC engine and mate that with the GSR transmission? My end goal is to have a decent amount of power to the wheels while still retaining a drivable car (for the lady). Whichever of these two options would be best to fit with a 1993 Del Sol is what I am going to strive for. I am having a hard time finding reliable sources for information on the two potential setups. If anyone could take some time and maybe give me some pointers or advice on the different pathways, I would greatly appreciate any and all suggestions. Thank you in advance.

• 3 years later...