V-tech controller

bowenguitarskater

sorry, youve prolly heared it all before but a v-tech controller tells your engine when to kick in the higher profile cam. (this is just what i read). but some people on the net say if you make it wait till higher rmp then you will have more top end rather than low end pick-up. but if v-tech is just a higher cam then wouldnt it be better to make it come in early so you get the low end and it would still be the same profile cam at high end. btw im new to the forums and im savin for a civic vti coupe, 6th gen. one last thing do acura make a version of the civic?

its actually not a diff cam that kicks in just to tickle your terminology. its an extra lobe on the same cam that gives your engine or valves more lift and duration for the higher revs.(more fuel and air basically)

i just spoke with someone that does these sort of stuff he said that vtec controllers are touchy subjects... it depends on which one you get, because if you get a good one then its very good if ya get a bad one then your engines fracked.. also you need to get a pro to program it otherwise you will screw up your engine. i got the apexi and thats supposed to be really good im just waiting to get it installed but im also aware that it has alot of bad rep.... i guess it depends how long you want the car...

i just spoke with someone that does these sort of stuff he said that vtec controllers are touchy subjects... it depends on which one you get, because if you get a good one then its very good if ya get a bad one then your engines fracked.. also you need to get a pro to program it otherwise you will screw up your engine. i got the apexi and thats supposed to be really good im just waiting to get it installed but im also aware that it has alot of bad rep.... i guess it depends how long you want the car...

On S2ki.com a lot of them have had the vafc installed and tuned. They have gotten about 10hp and torque to the wheel. Of course the F20C is a completely different beast. The nice thing is they've all listed their settings on the forum so you can plug those into your VAFC for the S2k and run with it. THe S2000 is the first car I've seen that actually made a decent difference though.

Archived