21 replies to this topic

#21 xalexjx@yahoo.com

xalexjx@yahoo.com

I dont even have a honda, anymore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts
  • Vehicles:1995 civic

Posted 05 February 2006 - 07:47 PM

dead post,,but when switching to synthetic you should stay with it because it swells your gaskets slightly and if you go back it will de swell or something, and the new oil will slightly leek,,,this is what i was told by my dad...i run synthetic in all my cars,(seems to run slightly smotther)

#22 9524tee

9524tee

• PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Vehicles:1995 Nissan 240sx and a 1990 Integra LS

Posted 09 March 2006 - 03:47 AM

Amsoil is the best I have ever used... And no oil can "add" horsepower... it can "let it loose" though. 8)

With Amsoil oil and an Amsoil filter, you can run 10k oil changes without worrying at all, that's with normal street driving with a naturally aspirated motor, on turbo or s/c apps, you can run about 1k more miles safely with no worries.

Studies and proven tests show that it is the best oil... period.

And with the people I know who have used it for years now with crazy amounts of miles and the cars are still running when they shouldnt be.... lol it's got my vote...

I have 6 thousand miles on my Amsoil 5w40 Euro spec oil in my 240sx and it's still pretty clean and runs the same as the day I put it in, great.

Royal Purple is good also, Mobil 1 on the other hand... I and lots of other people I know will never use it, it's not even close to as good as the hype makes it out to be.... I'd rather run a castrol regular type than Mobil 1 synthetic.

Oh and with Amsoil... you can run regular oil with it if needed, yes mixed synthetic and mineral type, it wont hurt it. So if you are stuck out in the middle of nowhere with a busted oil line or oil pan, throw some regular oil in it and drive it home, it's all good.

Fram filters are crap, simply put... they explode under extreme pressure unlike all the other brands... plus they hardly filter anything, something like 30 microns or some crappy number like that... Amsoil filters down to 15 microns and they are only a couple of bucks more, Mobil 1 filters arent great but they filter around 20-25 microns, which isnt bad but not great either.

If you have the extra cash and care about your motor alot, get your oil analyzed somewhere and they can tell you what you are lacking in an engine oil.

Hope I helped. Peace out.:pirate: