SOHC ZC same as D16A6???

bigdv519

Hi guys. I searched for a couple of hours and I came up dry on an answer. I'm looking to buy a SOHC ZC motor. The place on the internet (nippon-motors.com), told me that "Japenese engines are all ZC, the US engines are D16A6". Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Is the SOHC ZC, the same as a D16A6???

Yeah, sexyH22 is right...a d16Z6 is NOT a ZC

ZC were only availiable in Japan and Europeon models.

The actaul motor code is D16A8 or D16A9.

Ill check back on the site I found this info on to find out some of the exact differences. I know that there was a version with a catalatic (i dont know how to spell that) converter, and another version without the cat.

As a side-note.

I jsut bought another engine, its a blacktop SOHC ZC, and I DIDNT get it from nippon-motors.

ASAP Motors in Houston had the motor for me. Even though the lady up-front was a bit of a b***h, she did have the motor I needed.

$495 + tax...

• 3 months later...

Hey Guys, newbie with a related query. Will the clutch for the D16A6 fit the ZC (D16A8/9) then? Where i am all the cars come directly from the Japanese market, but i want to order an uprated clutch kit from the USA for someone ....

Thanks in advance for any help you can give on this.

• 1 year later...

Archived