Sellers/Buyers to Avoid

CRG7

If you've been scammed by anyone selling, or buying off of HondaForums, or have had a negative experience otherwise with another seller/buyer, please let everyone else know to avoid this individual/company.

(This post will be edited with all members to avoid, please scroll down for stories on these sellers.)

Companies HF members have had bad experiences with:

• Edgeracing.com - Click here for thread.
  • Autosportz.com - See account below by HungGSR (Post #5 of this thread.)
  • Stage 2 Performance (stage2perf.com) - Click here for thread.
  • Fox-Stock.com - See account below by HungGSR (Post #8 of this thread.)

Edited by CivicRacingGirl7

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Buyer complaint has been resolved and removed.

----

Please note: This thread has been updated to include buyers, as indicated by this post. It is harder to be scammed by buyers, but the reality of it is that it does happen. It's near impossible to take the word of someone online, no matter how much you would like to. In addition to falling back on his/her word, there are a handful of other ways that buyers can scam sellers (none of which I will list).

----

Also note: This thread has been cleared of almost all posts. This thread is ONLY for the posting of Sellers/Buyers/Companies to avoid. All discussion needs to be included in the proper threads.

Edited by CivicRacingGirl7

Seller/Company: Autosportz.com

Complaint by: HungGSR

Complaint: My dad and I ordered some body kit pieces for his S2000 in June, 2005. We were told the parts were on backorder and expected in no later than a month away. After 3 months of waiting, we finally got them to send out the parts. When the parts arrived they were pretty badly damaged (chunks of fiberglass missing here and there) so we obviously refused to accept the items. After another 2 months of dealing with the company we were told we wouldn't get new items shipped until they settled with the trucking company which could take up to 2 years. After another few months of getting the runaround they started telling us that the items were on backorder indefinately but that they had one rear bumper. They sent that out and we recieved it in halfway decent condition. As far as the rest of the stuff ordered, they said they didn't know when they would get them in. Finally in June, 2006 they agreed to give us a set of 16" Rota's in place of the unreceived items. This was still a loss to us, but not as bad as receiving nothing for the $600+ they still owed us.

Cliff Notes: Ordered parts from autosportz.com. Received them damaged after 3 months of waiting. autosportz.com refused to send new items for up to 2 years. After 1 year of getting the runaround, we got 1 back bumper and a set of Rota's for about a grand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Ebay seller: vernsurplus

he listed a 1988 civic sunroof so i communicated with him before i bought it and he assured me that it would fit into my crx. after i paid him it took him over 2 weeks to even put it into the mail, that being after bidpay refused to handle the transaction for reasons unknown. when it arrived it was about an inch to wide and 3.5 inches to long and opens differently than a crx top. he refuses refund even if part is sent back and im trying to get a refund thru paypal. but the guy is a cheat

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered Omni-Sleeves about 2 months ago and his website did NOT say that these were backordered. This is the only reason that I ordered from him as only one other place was not backordered and fox-stock was slightly cheaper.

A week after my order is placed, I'm told that they are on a 2 week backorder. 2 1/2 weeks later I email to find out what's going on and he says they're on backorder for another 2 weeks.

2 1/2 weeks later, I email him for another update. He says he's having a hard time getting them from Omni and I've spent that last 1-2 weeks trying to get a straight answer. I've requested my money back and he's beat around the bush about that. So here we are about 2 months after my order was placed (not listed as backordered) and still no product.

At first I didn't care since I was saving up for illuminas before installing the sleeves, but now I'm getting ready to order the shocks and will be sitting here with no coilover sleeves. Merry Christmas to me. Thanks for the run-around fox-stock.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.