LS VTEC

VWeater

How much work is required internally for the LS VTEC? is it really better to run with gsr parts llike water pump and such? last thing how much torque behind that? Hp should be aboout 190 195 if im not mistaken but nobody says anything about torque

most people arent quick to answer specs on vtec ls..1 reason..theres so many variables when its being built. you dont know what young frankenstien is going to be capable of..sorry im no help.hahaha.....anyone wanna buy an H23a1..what can i get about..is it worth anything...i got it for free!! :)

java script:emoticon(' :thumbsup:', 'smid_8')

:thumbsup:

standard bottom end that SHOULD be put into an LSVTEC:

arp rod bolts, and get the rods resized

b16 or gsr pistons, or your compression will sucks.

gsr oil pump (or type r)

match the water pump with the head that you use.

cant remember TQ numbers, but your HP will be in the 174-185 range. thats with bolt ons and such.

get some head gear (cams, valvetrain upgrade) and the like and you might tough 190 or a little over.

standard bottom end that SHOULD be put into an LSVTEC:

arp rod bolts, and get the rods resized

b16 or gsr pistons, or your compression will sucks.

gsr oil pump (or type r)

match the water pump with the head that you use.

cant remember TQ numbers, but your HP will be in the 174-185 range. thats with bolt ons and such.

get some head gear (cams, valvetrain upgrade) and the like and you might tough 190 or a little over.

i think you mistaken that for stock SiR the LS Vtec is a 1.8 bottom end like out of an LS integra not 1.6 (SiR) thats abot 178 hp

i think you mistaken that for stock SiR the LS Vtec is a 1.8 bottom end like out of an LS integra not 1.6 (SiR) thats abot 178 hp

..umm.... no.

im building an LSVTEC

you wont touch 190 with a normal LSVTEC.

if you build an LSVTEC, with some bolt ons, plan on the 174-185 range. to the wheels, that it. im not confused about anything. you're the one asking questions.

what i dont think you understand is that when you do an LSVTEC, you're not getting the TQ or HP numbers from any single car. this engine is pieced together, and in turn, the actualy dyno numbers are different.

with a slightly built bottom end (new bolts, pistons, etc) and a GSR or b16 head, and lets say GSR tranny, some bolt ons (intake manifold, header, exhaust, intake) you wont touch 190.

where the hell did you get that i was confused with the SIR???

what i dont think you understand is that when you do an LSVTEC, you're not getting the TQ or HP numbers from any single car. this engine is pieced together, and in turn, the actualy dyno numbers are different.

with a slightly built bottom end (new bolts, pistons, etc) and a GSR or b16 head, and lets say GSR tranny, some bolt ons (intake manifold, header, exhaust, intake) you wont touch 190.

where the hell did you get that i was confused with the SIR???

i got the SiR bit from what you said about using the SiR pistons on the LSVTEC how could i use the SiR pistons in a 1.8 bottom end? maybe you just confused me i dunno

i got the SiR bit from what you said about using the SiR pistons on the LSVTEC how could i use the SiR pistons in a 1.8 bottom end? maybe you just confused me i dunno

because it's the same bore, just a different stroke. the only B series pistons that are different are the B20B/Z.

if you don't know how to build an LS-VTEC, how are you going to question 3 people who actually know how to build one? SSR and myself both schooled Mt.Dewguy on how to build an LS-VTEC. I'm sorry if I come off as an butthead, but if you don't know how to do something, why question them on their advice?

because it's the same bore, just a different stroke. the only B series pistons that are different are the B20B/Z.

if you don't know how to build an LS-VTEC, how are you going to question 3 people who actually know how to build one? SSR and myself both schooled Mt.Dewguy on how to build an LS-VTEC. I'm sorry if I come off as an butthead, but if you don't know how to do something, why question them on their advice?

he aint kiddin', the guys here are pure genious. the only way i question them isn't like "no you're not right" its more like "well, what if i did....?"

im still learning. i mean, i got the basics and i think i'd be ok doing it, but i look, look, an look again, and ask, and ask, and ask different questions till i find out whats right. but one thing i don't do is question their knowledge AT ALL. theres no point in asking them a question if you'll question the answer.

by the way, SSR, if you read this, did you get my PM?

look man, you guys get real bent outta shape when people question you. its not cuz i think youre wrong its because im curious. to me it didnt make sense (still doesnt) on how you can use smaller pistons in a bigger block and raise compression. if i make a mistake like that im out a whole motor. And some people on here really dont know what theyre talking about. Pardon my curiousity but whats the point on having a forum if all you do is argue nobody helps with peoples questions they just have some smart ass remark. Pardon ME if i sound like an butthead

look man, you guys get real bent outta shape when people question you. its not cuz i think youre wrong its because im curious. to me it didnt make sense (still doesnt) on how you can use smaller pistons in a bigger block and raise compression. if i make a mistake like that im out a whole motor. And some people on here really dont know what theyre talking about. Pardon my curiousity but whats the point on having a forum if all you do is argue nobody helps with peoples questions they just have some smart ass remark. Pardon ME if i sound like an butthead

who's arguing? I'm not the one asking technical questions, I'm the one helping to answer them.

the pistons in a B16 and B18 are the same size. the stroke is different between the two motors.

who's arguing? I'm not the one asking technical questions, I'm the one helping to answer them.

the pistons in a B16 and B18 are the same size. the stroke is different between the two motors.

there ya go. we're not bent outta shape. a 1.8l has a 1.8l displacement, doesn't mean the pistons are different. the shape of them and design of them is different, but the width in comparison to others is the same.

Archived